User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke27G View Post
    Update!

My 2 heated Battle Borns have arrived. Battle Born also sold me a Victron BMV-712 and a Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV charger, but it definitely wasn't going to fit under my WFCO panel, so I called WFCO to figure out what my options were and as it turns out, they have a direct replacement charger (WF-8955-BMA) meant for charging lithium batteries and it will install in the same space as the original WFCO charger under their sub panel. Battle Born has sent me a return form to fill out to return the Progressive Dynamics charger.

For the Victron BMV-712, I poked around trying to see if their was any way to install the gauge in my control center located in the center of the trailer, but I feel I'd be opening a huge can of worms. For now, I believe the wood panel just above the WFCO sub panel is going to be my best spot to install it, and also, because I wouldn't mind being able to keep an eye on my battery gauge easily at night from the comfort of our bed! Unless someone has a better idea?

Lastly, I decided on a Torklift Power Armor battery box, I went with the 32" box as it should fit nicely on the tongue of our trailer. I'll be mounting the Victron shunt trip inside the battery box as well.

Any tips are much appreciated as I plan to start the install today if the WF-8950-MBA and Power Armor battery box both arrive?! Fingers crossed!
    Progressive Dynamics also makes a Lithium Converter that fits into the Power control box/sub panel to replace the WFCO Converter, from what I understand, the Progressive Dynamics is a much better Lithium Converter, I heard that there were problems with the WFCO Lithium Converters. Before you install it you may want to do some research to see if the problems are significant.

Regarding the mounting of your Victron Battery monitor, your BMV 712 should have Bluetooth connectivity so you can monitor it with your Smart phone.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We solved the converter thing , which WFCO not highly regarded by integrated all under one roof so to speak. Victron 12/ 3000/120 muntiplus is a robust 120 3 stage amp charger, automatic transfer switch, and 3000 watt pure sign wave inverted in one package. It saved space as well as makes ALL of our 110 outlets live with power from the batteries.

Instead of lithium went with Oasis Fireside carbon foam AGM. Many of the same properties of lithium but not as light or as heave in the wallet.

All of this located in the pass through under the bed.
    The Victron 712 Monitor, Victron Multi Monitor and the solar controlled located in the bedroom also.

All the Viictrons are Bluetooth ( the multi with a dongle) so it’s easy to monitor from anywhere including the cab of the truck. We have a whole Victron set up on the phone and tablets.

Their stuff is quality . I have used them for years on our 35 ft sailboat. If it works in marine environment, willbb mg work anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That all sounds good. I have no great idea for the BMV-712 - I just keep mine lying in my nightstand cabinet. Easy to check on, and no drilling, etc. And thanks for the tip on the WFCO convertor. I charge almost exclusively with my solar, which does not go through the convertor, so I haven't popped for a convertor upgrade. I'm open to doing so if folks on this forum say it would still be a good thing for me to do.
    2019 Imagine XLS 19RLE trailer
    2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab 4X4, 6.6L Duramax Turbodiesel
    270W solar, 100 AmpHour Battle Born lithium ion #BB10012
    WeBoost Connect RV 65 cell signal booster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    We solved the converter thing , which WFCO not highly regarded by integrated all under one roof so to speak. Victron 12/ 3000/120 muntiplus is a robust 120 3 stage amp charger, automatic transfer switch, and 3000 watt pure sign wave inverted in one package. It saved space as well as makes ALL of our 110 outlets live with power from the batteries.

Instead of lithium went with Oasis Fireside carbon foam AGM. Many of the same properties of lithium but not as light or as heave in the wallet.

All of this located in the pass through under the bed.
    The Victron 712 Monitor, Victron Multi Monitor and the solar controlled located in the bedroom also.

All the Viictrons are Bluetooth ( the multi with a dongle) so it’s easy to monitor from anywhere including the cab of the truck. We have a whole Victron set up on the phone and tablets.

Their stuff is quality . I have used them for years on our 35 ft sailboat. If it works in marine environment, willbb mg work anywhere
    You put me into a tail spin and I quickly contacted Progressive Dynamics to get the part number of their "direct replacement" lithium charger for my WFCO WF-8955PEC panel, and that Prog Dyn part number is PD4655LIV, which I started searching around to find one locally, when I stumbled upon this negative review from the Forest River form!

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...cs-194512.html

Wow!

At this point, I think I'll stick with the WFCO lithium charger replacement. Part number WF-8950L2-MBA

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...cs-194512.html
    Keep On Campin'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your usage description I would get two good quality AGM batteries and be done with it. At approximately 1000 bucks each, it doesn’t sound to me like your camping behaviors would justify the expense of two Battle Borns, unless you have tons of disposable income. Just my .02
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Zeke27G;353456]Update!

For the Victron BMV-712, I poked around trying to see if their was any way to install the gauge in my control center located in the center of the trailer, but I feel I'd be opening a huge can of worms. For now, I believe the wood panel just above the WFCO sub panel is going to be my best spot to install it, and also, because I wouldn't mind being able to keep an eye on my battery gauge easily at night from the comfort of our bed! Unless someone has a better idea?

The beauty of the BMV-712 is the bluetooth. You can mount the gauge wherever is convenient and just connect to it with your phone. It is also much easier to program with the phone app.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke27G View Post
    Update!

My 2 heated Battle Borns have arrived. Battle Born also sold me a Victron BMV-712 and a Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV charger, but it definitely wasn't going to fit under my WFCO panel, so I called WFCO to figure out what my options were and as it turns out, they have a direct replacement charger (WF-8950L2-MBA) meant for charging lithium batteries and it will install in the same space as the original WFCO charger under their sub panel. Battle Born has sent me a return form to fill out to return the Progressive Dynamics charger.

Lastly, I decided on a Torklift Power Armor battery box, I went with the 32" box as it should fit nicely on the tongue of our trailer. I'll be mounting the Victron shunt trip inside the battery box as well.

Any tips are much appreciated as I plan to start the install today if the WF-8950L2-MBA and Power Armor battery box both arrive?! Fingers crossed!
    Almost identical setup for me on my 31G. Haven’t had time to install the battery box and my 2 non-heated batteries. Post pics once you finish the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12