User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just upgraded from my '12 RAM 1 ton dually to a new '21 Ford F-350 King Range dually. I was not aware that I had THAT much more capacity than with my RAM. The calculator worked great for me.

There is no "ENTER" or "SUBMIT" button, just enter the VIN and it automatically populated for my VIN. I appreciate the website link very much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FORD VIN CALCULATOR.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIN Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Gpo1958 View Post
    I don't know if this is new or not, but I just became aware of a Ford Motor Company site that will give you very detailed capacity and load information from a Vin Number. I've seen other sites like this, but the information is more general. I've entered three trucks that I am familiar with into this site and it provides the "yellow sticker" info exactly and also provides the GCWR which is sometime a little difficult to find. Hope this helps someone. https://fordfleetlive.com/#/VinCalculator
    Very slick! Something that should have been available years ago.
    Worked like a charm for a 350 SRW I have my eye on.

Thanks VERY much.
    Herve
    Herve & Chris Mann
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat 4X4 CC SRW 6.7 Antimatter Blue
    2021 Reflection 303RLS with Reese Goosebox
    Shadow, Fizzgig and Cookie, our cats (Pouncival RIP)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice calculator for Ford Products. Does anyone know of an appropriate calculator for GMC trucks. I know that in the GMC APP, you can calculate truck towing capacity but I am not certain of the accuracy of this process, and whether it takes into consideration the use of a weight distribution hitch. What impact does that have on the towing capacity listed on your vehicle sticker? Going to CAT scale soon after my Imagine is out of winter storage to get exact numbers, and plug into the online tools that many have shared on this topic. Hoping that I am within specs even though I had no problems last summer being on the road.

Thanks for reading, recommendations appreciated.

mjg
    MJGUTH
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 GMC Denali 1500 6.2L
    Curt TruTrack 15K WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good information but this site is incomplete. I've done considerable research on towing and found this information - https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...owingGuide.pdf. Why the site is incomplete is because it doesn't take into consideration the addition of a weight distribution hitch. On page 41 of the pdf is more complete towing data. For example for my F150 with the weight distribution hitch, the trailer capacity and max tongue load are increased to 14,000 and 1,400 respectively.

Cheers - Doug
    "TEXAS, the greatest Nation that became a State"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dugals View Post
    Good information but this site is incomplete. I've done considerable research on towing and found this information - https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...owingGuide.pdf. Why the site is incomplete is because it doesn't take into consideration the addition of a weight distribution hitch. On page 41 of the pdf is more complete towing data. For example for my F150 with the weight distribution hitch, the trailer capacity and max tongue load are increased to 14,000 and 1,400 respectively.

Cheers - Doug
    Hi Doug, page 41 refers to the weight capacity of your hitch receiver, not your tow vehicle. Please note the top of the page where it states "The maximum weight capacities for the hitch receivers shown below may exceed the maximum loaded trailer weight for the vehicle specified." To find maximum loaded trailer weight of a 2021 F-150 refer to page 19 and 20 of the guide you linked. There are five vehicle configurations with a maximum loaded trailer weight of 14,000 lbs:

- 2021 F-150 | 3.5L GTDI V6 | SuperCab | 4x2 | 164.1" WB | 3.55 Axle Ratio
    - 2021 F-150 | 3.5L GTDI V6 | SuperCab | 4x2 | 164.1" WB | 3.73 Axle Ratio
    - 2021 F-150 | 3.5L GTDI V6 | SuperCrew | 4x2 | 145.4" WB | 3.55 Axle Ratio
    - 2021 F-150 | 3.5L GTDI V6 | SuperCrew | 4x2 | 157.2" WB | 3.55 Axle Ratio
    - 2021 F-150 | 3.5L GTDI V6 | SuperCrew | 4x2 | 157.2" WB | 3.73 Axle Ratio

Just wanted to clarify that the hitch receiver rating and the actual max loaded trailer capacity are not necessarily the same.
    Last edited by Johnny Trails; 04-03-2021 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added engine type to the configuration list.
    2020 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew 3.5L V6 EcoBoost
    2021 Grand Design 22MLE Imagine XLS
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this is new or not, but I just became aware of a Ford Motor Company site that will give you very detailed capacity and load information from a Vin Number. I've seen other sites like this, but the information is more general. I've entered three trucks that I am familiar with into this site and it provides the "yellow sticker" info exactly and also provides the GCWR which is sometime a little difficult to find. Hope this helps someone. https://fordfleetlive.com/#/VinCalculator
    Well, it appears that this site was getting hit too much and Ford has locked it down today such that it can be accessed only by Fleet Customers.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it appears that this site was getting hit too much and Ford has locked it down today such that it can be accessed only by Fleet Customers.
    I still don’t see any benefit of the program

It isn’t giving any information that you don’t already have
    Might be “fun” to play around with but basically useless imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this. I’m reading that Ford has disabled this site for the general public. I just ordered an almost identical F350 to yours except it will be a 2022 model. Payload is 3940 with a GVWR of 11500. I don’t have a VIN yet but I was going to plug in yours to see the rest of the info. From what I could see of your screenshot I’m now worried I don’t have enough truck for the Solitude 310 GK (GVWR 15000) although the salesman assured me I do. I did as much research as I could and used the excellent online calculator provided on this forum. It seems to be VERY close but I don’t have the RAWR and have had to guess at actual weight numbers. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippamills View Post
    Thanks for this. I’m reading that Ford has disabled this site for the general public. I just ordered an almost identical F350 to yours except it will be a 2022 model. Payload is 3940 with a GVWR of 11500. I don’t have a VIN yet but I was going to plug in yours to see the rest of the info. From what I could see of your screenshot I’m now worried I don’t have enough truck for the Solitude 310 GK (GVWR 15000) although the salesman assured me I do. I did as much research as I could and used the excellent online calculator provided on this forum. It seems to be VERY close but I don’t have the RAWR and have had to guess at actual weight numbers. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    You should use the quote feature when commenting to specify the person you are talking to as I have
    Your payload seems low to me. If you think you need more delete options that add weight

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I still don’t see any benefit of the program

It isn’t giving any information that you don’t already have
    Might be “fun” to play around with but basically useless imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I was using the web site to look at the actual payload numbers of trucks that were for sale. It was nice useful information for looking into a particular truck further. Calling a dealer is a royal pain, takes too much time, they want info on you, and most salesman I have talked to have no idea what the payload is, much less where it is located at. Brochure numbers are what the truck is, isn't it? At least the RAM site is still accessible, as they have been for several years.

The site also was pretty good for people to plug the numbers in and see actual numbers. How many actually do that?
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast