User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 2022 2022 New England NON RALLY get together NON RALLY 2022 THREAD CLOSED

The Bates Motel, Jody and Heidi are excited to announce that we
    have put together a 2022 New England Grand Design Unrally.

Location is
    Normandy Farms
    72 West Street
    Foxboro, MA 02035
    https://www.normandyfarms.com/

Dates: June 23-26, 2022

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
    ****THIS IS FOR 2022****

Registration is open at 10am WEDNESDAY March 17th 2021
    866-673-2767 ext 313 LISA

You can leave a message if there is no answer
    DO NOT CALL THE FRONT DESK
    THEY ARE NOT BOOKING
    THIS EVENT.
    THERE IS ONE PERSON BOOKING THIS EVENT. Lisa

There is a 10% discount for the UNRALLY DATES. You can stay longer or come in early if you choose. The discounted rate is only for the 23rd to the 26th.

This event is open to ONLY Grand design owners.

When you call let her know that you will be part of the New England Grand design get together.

This is an Un-rally which means No Vendors, No Seminars, No GD reps, No Swag etc. This is just a nice way to all get together, camp, relax and meet new GD owners. There are no wagonMasters, no expectations. We are doing nothing but camping and having fun.
    We have secured 80 full hook up/50 amp sites.

The campground has indoor and outdoor pools, 2 hot tubs, disk golf, hiking trails, a 1.5 acre dog park and lots more. Just a couple of days to meet and chat with fellow owners
    We look forward to meeting all of you.
    Jody and Heidi Bates
    Last edited by traveldawg; 07-01-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day all.
    Called Lisa around 10:30 today. She called back about 20 minutes ago.
    All set, arriving 6/21 depending 6/28 2022. Site 815
    John
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello to all. I hope camping season has started for us all.
    We are heading to Notmady Farms this weekend. If you are booked and would like a sneak peek at your site. Send me the site number and I will attempt to send a pic to you.

Thanks.
    Jody

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also attending this event. One question though, is why no official rally. Isnt there plenty of time to get the factory backing ?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    We are also attending this event. One question though, is why no official rally. Isnt there plenty of time to get the factory backing ?
    The factory doesn't really "back" GD rallies. All the rallies you see on the GD site are "owner events".

When I last checked all that GD does is give $50/rig. And, if the rally is big enough, they'll send some techs for - whatever. And I even think you have to get a local dealer to participate on your own for show rigs.

Then you do all the work: line up vendors (GD doesn't even assist with that), get your own liability insurance, negotiate with the campground and secure leases/agreements, line up food vendors, and on-and-on.

It strikes me as a pretty nice deal for GD. Very little involvement for a pretty big return.

Still, the "GD Rallies" seem popular and their is a whole cadre of folks who put them on and could help you out if you decide to host one yourself. But, they are all independent from GD. I think GD has a "rally coordinator" that might help those seasoned hosts who put on the rallies.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    Very good question. We had almost planned one last year. After talking with grand design and another gentlemen ,and also helping out behind the scenes at the Mid -Atlantic rally , we decided thatdidn't have the time. I think that a lot of folks see the rallies as an easy thing to do. But it seems that the minute their rally is done they begin planning for the next year. We are doing this unrally because it is a heck of a lot easier for us to do. We are excited that you have decided to join us and can't wait for it to be here......

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry, GD does actually a lot of work behind the scenes for you. You do have to do the bulk of the work. But, the people that you will meet, both from grand design and people at the rally are pretty great.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the replies. It does make sense that there is a lot of work behind the scenes. My wife and I are looking forward to this. We are going for our second year to the new york rally. last year was cancelled, and they held a non rally, rally. This year is an actual rally. She is a bit of a geek and really is into the whole grand design rally thing. See you next year and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also attending the New York Rally this year, so you will get a sneak peak at who we are...lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Jodester View Post
    Larry, GD does actually a lot of work behind the scenes for you. You do have to do the bulk of the work. But, the people that you will meet, both from grand design and people at the rally are pretty great.
    Your experience was more in-depth than mine. I never attended a GD rally nor did I ever assist at a GD rally. I did meet a few of the folks who encouraged me to hold a rally and offered to show how they do it and they were nice.

No doubt that you meet a lot of nice people. But they leave the bulk of the work for you and actually GD takes no responsibility. Hence the reason YOU have to get liability insurance for the rally.

It was the idea that I was the sole person who ultimately was responsible that turned me off from putting a rally on. We've owned other brands and it was the manufactures who put rallies on and did the most work like lining up entertainment, vendors, sponsors, etc. Even FMCA and Passport America put rallies on that way. They only asked for volunteers to help park, make presentations, & such once they had things all arranged. I much prefer those manufactures/companies/organizations and their commitment to attendees satisfaction than the way GD does it.

I've conducted rallies such as yours but for a much smaller groups. Even did 2 caravans for 10 other rigs. Attendees are usually very happy to attend and participate and it was always fun. Maybe I should do one again... maybe FL in Spring......
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast