User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    An added benefit is that shore power is not needed to circulate the air when we're not hooked up.
    Just so i understand this correctly, the AC fan will work on 12V power only? There was a previous post that said otherwise...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morttt View Post
    Just so i understand this correctly, the AC fan will work on 12V power only? There was a previous post that said otherwise...
    Sorry if I confused you. No, the A/C fan only works on shore power. What I was trying to say is that once the room sensor is poked through the filter so that it extends into the room there is no pressing need to have the A/C fan running to have the sensor sense the room temperature. The furnace fan runs on 12V (battery).
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    I'm not giving up on the Furrion just yet....I think it has some advantages over the Coleman units but I won't know until I get the room sensor relocated if I like it better or not.
    I've heard other people mention that the Furrion AC unit had some advantages, but not exactly what they are.

What advantages do the Furrion AC units have over Colemans?

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    I've heard other people mention that the Furrion AC unit had some advantages, but not exactly what they are.

What advantages do the Furrion AC units have over Colemans?

Dave
    It has a "dry" mode that removes the humidity out of the air without cooling it too much.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another solution - install a simple digital wall thermostat that only controls the gas furnace. Run 2 wires down/behind the wall to the furnace. Disconnect the two wires that control the furnace from the Furrion AC unit and connect the two new wire you ran from the wall thermostat to the furnace control wires (at the furnace).

My prior 5th wheel had a Carrier AC unit that controlled the furnace with a ceiling/AC unit mounted thermostat. I did this and it worked great. Attached is the DIY I posted for SOB ... https://www.openrangeowners.com/ORfo....php?f=26&t=77

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    There is another solution - install a simple digital wall thermostat that only controls the gas furnace. Run 2 wires down/behind the wall to the furnace. Disconnect the two wires that control the furnace from the Furrion AC unit and connect the two new wire you ran from the wall thermostat to the furnace control wires (at the furnace).

My prior 5th wheel had a Carrier AC unit that controlled the furnace with a ceiling/AC unit mounted thermostat. I did this and it worked great. Attached is the DIY I posted for SOB ... https://www.openrangeowners.com/ORfo....php?f=26&t=77
    This would not be easy
    In my 2400 getting to the furnace is almost impossible and I can’t imagine running wires unless you dropped the coroplast

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your furnace should have some access (either the passthrough or a panel in your camper where a return might be located.) You can place the thermostat on any interior wall - some are more preferred than others.

On your 2400BH your furnace is under the kitchen window and housed in the kitchen base cabinet area. It would be real easy to see it if you pull the bottom drawer out under your sink. You could place the thermostat on the small area of wall next to the side of the top kitchen cabinet (between that and the sliding door) if looking at the sliding door from the kitchen when facing the sink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    It has a "dry" mode that removes the humidity out of the air without cooling it too much.
    The Atwood heat pump our in Isata 3 also had a dry mode, worked great! That's a nice feature.
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Your furnace should have some access (either the passthrough or a panel in your camper where a return might be located.) You can place the thermostat on any interior wall - some are more preferred than others.

On your 2400BH your furnace is under the kitchen window and housed in the kitchen base cabinet area. It would be real easy to see it if you pull the bottom drawer out under your sink. You could place the thermostat on the small area of wall next to the side of the top kitchen cabinet (between that and the sliding door) if looking at the sliding door from the kitchen when facing the sink.
    I have all my drawers out waiting to dewinterize

Have looked this area over quite well

I can’t even reach the furnace with my arm outstretched. The drawer openings are too small to get into that area
    Only thing to do would be to pull the furnace out imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a GD 2600RB and the remote temperature sensor is terrible. My question is wouldn't a conventional RV thermostat fix the problem rather than having to run a second thermostat for the furnace? Will a Furrion AC work with any digital thermostat...or does it have to be the Furrion thermostat? I've been researching this with little luck...even Furrion doesn't respond to this question.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast