User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the P rated tires that came with the truck when I got it. They are Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT tires and I inflated them to the sidewall max of 51psi. I had a friend suggest that driving in the far right lane of I-80 could have been some of the culprit due to deep ruts along a well worn truck route (he said he always uses the next lane over because of it). As this is the first time I have pulled anything other than my tin boat which probably weighs 200lbs with trailer and engine, I am not really sure what it should feel like. Braking is effortless. The truck is obviously slower to accelerate than unhitched but I wouldn't say it feels like there is a power defecit by any means. The truck averaged 10mpg on the 30 mile drive back from the dealer which seems great. My main concen was looking in the driver mirror and seeing the ladder moving left and right a few inches. I don't know if this is normal. I felt a bit of porpoising when I would go over a rough patch but it wasn't constant. I have been online looking at F250s and the wife is freaking out (as it would be HER truck... lol).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dillpunk View Post
    I have the P rated tires that came with the truck when I got it. They are Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT tires and I inflated them to the sidewall max of 51psi. I had a friend suggest that driving in the far right lane of I-80 could have been some of the culprit due to deep ruts along a well worn truck route (he said he always uses the next lane over because of it). As this is the first time I have pulled anything other than my tin boat which probably weighs 200lbs with trailer and engine, I am not really sure what it should feel like. Braking is effortless. The truck is obviously slower to accelerate than unhitched but I wouldn't say it feels like there is a power defecit by any means. The truck averaged 10mpg on the 30 mile drive back from the dealer which seems great. My main concen was looking in the driver mirror and seeing the ladder moving left and right a few inches. I don't know if this is normal. I felt a bit of porpoising when I would go over a rough patch but it wasn't constant. I have been online looking at F250s and the wife is freaking out (as it would be HER truck... lol).
    That was my guess of ruts in the road. Like I posted earlier you and I have basically the same set up and I am experiencing no issues
    Maybe some is experience towing but IMO a 250 isn’t going to change the road
    I would get the hitch dialed in and give it another good go

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $hits and giggles one day, push the truck sideways from the bed and watch how far it moves and how much sidewall flex you have in the tires.

It will amaze you....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    That was my guess of ruts in the road. Like I posted earlier you and I have basically the same set up and I am experiencing no issues
    Maybe some is experience towing but IMO a 250 isn’t going to change the road
    I would get the hitch dialed in and give it another good go

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Turns out it was our garbage roads. After lowering the hitch and getting it out on concrete it towed dead straight. I need to get used to towing something so long and recognize the difference between road drift and sway. I still might upgrade to the E4 due to our roads but I feel a lot better now. Camping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me but this might be long...

UGH! Last Thursday, I picked up my new 2021 Transcend Xplor 247bh from the dealership in Sacramento. I came here and verified all of my numbers for the truck and yall were super helpful with making sure everything was dialed in as far as TV capacities go, which i greatly appreciate. Now I have a different issue.

I purchased my WDH from the dealership as this was my first trailer and I wanted to have it dialed in professionally. They only install one WDH, the Fastway E2 (which some members suggested wasn't ideal) but I figured that I would have peace of mind from having it installed correctly and professionally vs doing it myself and possibly failing. I did purchase a heavy duty torque wrench so that I could make my own adjustments at home once the trailer was loaded. Trusting the dealership was a mistake.

Red flags started going off when I arrived at the dealer and they started installing the hitch. I asked if they were going to take measurements for the hitch height and wheel wells and they insisted that they had been doing this for 30 years and don't have to take measurements as they can just look and tell if its level. I trusted them and their knowledge right about until I got on the freeway and saw my rear ladder in my mirrors wagging back and forth anytime I got over 50mph. It looks like there is about 2 inches of sway anytime I am at freeway speeds. I can't feel it pulling me around but reading others experiences on this forum make me think that any sway is too much.

I spent the weekend messing with things. I believe (but could be wrong) that the main issue is that they set the hitch ball way too high. When I went through the hitch manual to do my measurement, I noticed only a 1/2" difference in the wheel well height between hitched without weight distribution and unhitched. If the trailer is sitting around 6k lbs and only lifts the front of the truck 1/2", I feel like there must be way too much weight on the back of the trailer. Set up as they had it, it was actually lower than unhitched height on the front wheel wells with weight distribution engaged. I dropped the hitch one notch (about 1") and tightened everything back up and it was closer to what the manual suggested (returned the trailer 1/4" so 50% of the unhitched height with weight distribution engaged). I went about 10 miles from my house to an empty mall to practice backing up and again had sway on the freeway. I feel like I just don't have enough tongue weight and wonder if the ball height is still off enough to be causing my issues.

My issue is... how the heck do I find front to back level? Nothing on this trailer seems to be flat. I have small stick on levels and a 2 foot bubble level but I don't know where to measure it to make sure the trailer is actually level so I can set my ball height. Can I just set the bubble level on the tongue? I tried using the floor of the trailer in front of the refrigerator but I have no idea if the floor is flat (they didn't bother to install any of the appliances even close to level inside...)? The frame seems to not be perfectly straight so measuring the front and back distances doesn't seem accurate either but I could be wrong? I know I need to get it on the scales but at this point, I don't feel comfortable towing the 30 miles from my house to a scale to verify my concerns. I feel like any dealer nearby is going to do the same eyeball BS to dial in a new hitch so I want to see if I can get this one right before I go spending another $1000 on a hitch, especially after I paid $250 over retail for this one thinking I was going to get professional calibration. Sorry for the long read and any help is appreciated.
    There is nothing wrong with the E2 hitch. I had one with my Imagine 2250RK and never had a problem. That setup with my 2019 F250 was very stable. It sounds to me that there is not enough tongue weight. Start loading up your front storage with stuff. Follow the instructions that came with the hitch. Leveling does not have to be an exact science. Drive the trailer into a level parking lot straight and step out of the vehicle and look. If it looks level that is good enough.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pulling a GD Imagine 2500RL with the E2 and love it. I didn’t set it up, the dealer did so I can’t help you, I drive 3 mph below the speed limit, but occasionally go 75 when passing on a smooth road with no wind.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    I am pulling a GD Imagine 2500RL with the E2 and love it. I didn’t set it up, the dealer did so I can’t help you, I drive 3 mph below the speed limit, but occasionally go 75 when passing on a smooth road with no wind.

Hello, what size bars are you using on the E2?
    2021 Ram 3500
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    B&W Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m using the round bar 1,000/10,000.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 2600RB and had sway issues when I picked it up new. Was pulling it with a 2006 F-250. Once I loaded the front compartment the sway was gone. Towed it from Minnesota to Kentucky with no problems. That truck had Michelins on it. Fast forward one year and bought a new 2020 F350 FX4. Headed to Arizona and white knuckled it the whole way. I messed with hitch height along the way with no improvement. It didn't matter if I used the trucks sway control or not. You would think that the upgrade from a 250 to a 350 would be a change for the better. The new truck has Goodyear Wrangler All terrain Adventure Load E.
    All I can figure is the truck tires. Always have hated Goodyear. I ordered a Fastway E2. Any other ideas would be welcomed.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    2020 Ford F350 FX4 Lariat
    7.3 10 Speed Auto 4.30 gears

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce and LaDaun View Post
    I have a 2019 2600RB and had sway issues when I picked it up new. Was pulling it with a 2006 F-250. Once I loaded the front compartment the sway was gone. Towed it from Minnesota to Kentucky with no problems. That truck had Michelins on it. Fast forward one year and bought a new 2020 F350 FX4. Headed to Arizona and white knuckled it the whole way. I messed with hitch height along the way with no improvement. It didn't matter if I used the trucks sway control or not. You would think that the upgrade from a 250 to a 350 would be a change for the better. The new truck has Goodyear Wrangler All terrain Adventure Load E.
    All I can figure is the truck tires. Always have hated Goodyear. I ordered a Fastway E2. Any other ideas would be welcomed.
    Tires have nothing to do with it imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast