User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best decision you could have made. You will not be disappointed. ENJOY!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been driving diesel since 85.

First you bought the wrong truck Needs a blue oval to be road worthy

Be careful of the fuel you get - especially biodiesel in cold weather. I use Power Service (white bottle) every 4th tank. If your in the south and have #2 in the tank and are driving North into the teens, add an anti jell agent. I keep a bottle of Power Service 911 (red quart) in the tool box. Keep you injectors clean. I use BD diesel injection cleaner once a year. Its pricy but works well.

Maintenance is critical on oil and fuel filters no matter what the brand truck. And whatever you do don't chip or program it. And last its fuel you want, not gas - pay attention to the pump as the handles are not always green. Lasit in very hot weather and if your truck is sitting for a while, add an anti bio agent.

One last thing - never ever run it totally out of fuel. Can get expensive to purge air from the injectors.

Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTEuse good quality oil usually full synthetic is recommended most likely you'll run with 15W40. Read your manual. I use only MOPAR Cummins filters and Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic oil.][/QUOTE]

My 2021 Ram 2500 diesel specifies 10-30 oil. Rotella has this weight.
    Yes read the manual.
    Any DEF will work as a stated earlier. Walmart is the cheapest I have found. Once the DEF gauge gets below 1/2 you can put an entire 2 1/2 gallon container in and it will be full again. Don't buy DEF ahead because it does have a shelf life especially in hot weather so I have read.
    I've had many diesels both trucks and boats and have never used synthetic oil, but tht choice is yours.
    When the ambient temperature is cool (under 50F I believe) the engine will not start right away when you push the start button. It will delay until the grid hearer warms the intake manifold then it will start.
    You'll really like the power and economy especially after it gets broken in a little.
    ENJOY!
    Last edited by jleonard; 05-19-2021 at 05:36 AM.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd the look at the label not the green hose for diesel. Some parts of the Country use different color nozzle for diesel.
    I never carry DEF, just fill at truck stops from the hose...cheaper too.
    My truck get 4K miles on DEF and about 2k when towing.......never run out!!! I put in 3-4 gallons at the 1/4 gauge.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you need to know... You will thoroughly enjoy your decision, especially pulling steep grades with that grin... However, your wallet will hate you with the proper care and feeding. As my nephew likes to say, it's only money - make more tomorrow! Lol. Enjoy.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch out for off brand diesel fuel. Sometimes quality control is lacking in the delivery of fuel from loading rack to tanks at station. I try to use name brands like Shell with a high cetane rating and my local truck stop is owned by a Shell distributor that delivers with their own trucks. High volume and I use the large diameter pump nozzles to full up faster. Some discount locations may not check tanks for water like you're supposed to do and this can lead to problems. Keep your receipt when buying in case of any problems with fuel.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugoutnut View Post
    2018 Ram 2500, Laramie Tungsten Edition.

1. Learn the engine brake controls and use. YouTube is a great resource.

2. Change fuel filters on time. My truck tells me when.

3. Don't expect the cabin heater to be instant. Takes some time to heat up. Diesels warm slowly.

4. Make sure to use the GREEN house at fill up. Don't laugh, common mistake for newbies. If you do, DO NOT START THE ENGINE. Have it towed and drained.

5. Enjoy the power, longevity and sweet sound of that Cummins Turbo Diesel.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    We found in some states there All green, and others there yellow. Always double check you activate the diesel hose.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the great information! I love the breadth of experience and knowledge you all provide, and with just enough brand bias to keep it fun

And, here is the update:
    2021 RAM 2500, paid dealer invoice (yes, deals can still be had), Big Horn, tech pkg w/ surround and trailer cameras & plenty of other fixins! I was originally looking for a Laramie as it is closest to the Lariat I had in the F150, but it came down to the only significant difference between the trims being leather and cooled front seats. I can live without butt coolers for the $$ it saved me to get Big Horn + the options I wanted.

Plus, I was told "I really like 'ninja mode'." Well, DW, Ninja Mode it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210521_175547226_iOS (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	34339
    Sam & Kay, 2 kiddos and the dog (rescue pup - lab mix)
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    2020 Grand Design Transcend 243BH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. You'll really like that truck.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drain the fuel filters often.
    Either use an additive in the fuel (I use Optilube in my truck, tractor, skid steer and compact trackloader) or make sure you run B10 for the added lubricity.
    Walmart DEF is fine. All DEF is the same percentage of urea and water.
    Before shutting the engine off let the turbo cool down
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast