Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SteadyFast

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SteadyFast

This is just an FYI for anyone thinking about installing this or a like product. I installed the SteadyFast stabilizers about 2 months ago. Bought it off amazon as they had the best price. Install took about 3-4 hours, would have been less but I had a buddy weld on the L-brackets for the bars. This isn't necessary, but my buddy who's house I keep our trailer at is a welder by trade, so why not. This has been one of the best upgrades we have done since we got the trailer. We've been out twice since than & it takes 90-95% of the remaining shake out of the trailer that the standard stabilizers don't. Any questions let me know.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    This is just an FYI for anyone thinking about installing this or a like product. I installed the SteadyFast stabilizers about 2 months ago. Bought it off amazon as they had the best price. Install took about 3-4 hours, would have been less but I had a buddy weld on the L-brackets for the bars. This isn't necessary, but my buddy who's house I keep our trailer at is a welder by trade, so why not. This has been one of the best upgrades we have done since we got the trailer. We've been out twice since than & it takes 90-95% of the remaining shake out of the trailer that the standard stabilizers don't. Any questions let me know.
    I put JTStrong Arms on our last fifth wheel. Don’t have them on this one, but they definitely make a big difference. I think I’ll be doing the same soon. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the SteadyFast stabilizers and then added a BAL kingpin tripod. The tripod got rid even more of the bouncing, since the master bedroom in ours is hanging over the front of the camper, right over the kingpin.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, a number of folks here have installed JT Strong Arms or Steadyfast with excellent results. We have JTs front and rear since new and have been very pleased with how well they stop RV movement.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what was the price amazon? Amazon doesn't have them in stock but the manufacturer does for 250.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say when I bought it off Amazon it was $249.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the steadyfast. Is it possible to install both brackets and tighteners on one side of the RV? I have a gas line and battery box on the drivers side and my passenger side is wide open. All the videos i've watched the brackets are on opposite sides. I would think it wouldn't matter.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you could, they might get in the way if they were both on the same side when you had them retracted? I would call and ask them if it's possible? I'm sure some way you could but not get the full benefit of the system if you did. I had to move gas line on mine & it just added an extra 15-30 minutes for the whole job.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you could, they might get in the way if they were both on the same side when you had them retracted? I would call and ask them if it's possible? I'm sure some way you could but not get the full benefit of the system if you did. I had to move gas line on mine & it just added an extra 15-30 minutes for the whole job.
    Just got an email back from Steadyfast, they advised you don't have to put both arms on a single foot. When i get my steadyfast in i'll give it a try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Steadyfast!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast