User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MorRyde System

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, What are the qualifier questions your are referring to?
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVISION View Post
    Rob, thanks I will find someone to install the MorRyde.
    I plan on taking the Imagine to Alaska next summer, is there a forum that might discuss Alaska? I want to go via northern Michigan.
    Are there any campgrounds in Norther Georgia you really like? State of Georgia Campgrounds?
    My son lives in Cumming, I hope to share the Imagine with them. Even though I'm in north Ohio we bought it in Acworth.
    There are several campgrounds around Lake Lanier.
    Google Federal campgrounds Lake Lanier.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, Thank you
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I am looking to install the Moryde 3000 with new shackles and wetbolts. I
    have jacks and stands but am nervous about getting trailer safely suspended so I can work under it.
    I have watched numerous youtube videos and they all show how to change the equalizer and stuff but
    they do not show the jacking and rendering the trailer safely suspended. One big question, is it better to jack
    one side at a time or raise all 4 tires?

Thanks for any help:
    Bob A.
    Bob,

I used two 4' pieces of 4x6 to jack up both axles at the same time. I happen to have two floor jacks so was able to lift the trailer pretty evenly and then placed four jack stands on the frame near the spring hangers. For a little piece of mind, I left the jacks and 4x6s under the axles with no (or very little) load.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the rig up in the air. I can take some in a couple weeks when I pull tires to install metal valve stems.

I installed the CRE3000, HD shackles, wet bolts, and X-Factor cross members like this. Once the rig was sitting on jack stands, it was solid - even with hammering the old bolts.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I am looking to install the Moryde 3000 with new shackles and wetbolts. I
    have jacks and stands but am nervous about getting trailer safely suspended so I can work under it.
    I have watched numerous youtube videos and they all show how to change the equalizer and stuff but
    they do not show the jacking and rendering the trailer safely suspended. One big question, is it better to jack
    one side at a time or raise all 4 tires?

Thanks for any help:
    Bob A.
    When I did mine I jacked both sides. If I do it again I would do one side at a time, the shackles flipped and it as a bit of a pain to get them right again.

As for jacking, I just jacked near the rear axle on the frame with a bottle jack on a couple sections of 4x6. I then put a jack stand behind where I jacked it (as close as I could to the jack point).

If you leave one side down you can chalk the wheels and I think that would be safer though I did not have an issue lifting both sides... (I did put the stabilizer jacks most of the way down before I started just as an emergency measure - not sure they would have helped).

It was my first time jacking this up by the frame and I was equally concerned (and agree there is a lack of good YouTube showing how to do that) but it's not that bad once you do it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVISION View Post
    Hi, What are the qualifier questions your are referring to?
    If you go to the morryde website and find the product you are interested in (for me the cre3000) and click on the documentation link one of the docs is a qualifier questions or named similarly. It has required dimensions for the install to be successful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you much
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the CRE3000 system on my 2500RL and like the difference. Significant small bump compliance improvement and while towing, less movement. I decided not to do it myself and had my local trailer shop do it. It was less than 2hrs of labor for them to do it so well worth it to me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aron Thank you
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also check out Lippert Road Armor

If you are still investigating, also check out the Lippert Road Armor equalizer. I found it to be superior in design and construction in comparing them side by side. There are good videos comparing and contrasting the two devices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FE99F187-8E44-4F10-B221-FB7C53E7F40F.jpeg  
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    TOW vehicle- 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot and air suspension. Max payload- 2869

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast