User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TMobile 55+ 50% Discount - any good?

We've been with At&t for 20 years. Ready to move to a larger data plan along with a hotspot. At&t gets spendy. In researching I see that Tmobile (which now includes Sprint) offers 50% discount for ages 55+. So for $10 less/month, we would go from 4Gb with At&t to 40Gb with Tmobile. Then they also offer a hotspot plan with 100Gb but it didn't list the price online that I could find so have to check on that.

Looking at coverage maps, they certainly look comparable. MobileInternetResource speaks highly of their offer, but not specifically about how reliable the coverage is. So thought I'd just check here if anyone can comment on their experience with Tmobile since taking on Sprint and the added coverage?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have that try-before-you-buy plan now where they will provide you 30gb of data for 30 days without any questions asked (i.e. no credit card). You can either use an existing iphone or they will send you a hotspot. This mught be worth looking into. I just got the hotspot and will test this out on our upcoming trip to Colorado. Only issue with the hotspot is its not 5g so cant evaluate that part of thier network. I have att and verizon now but thinking to add t-mobile if they provide coverage in spots the others dont.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ihave T-Mobil 55+ plan, unlimited talk, text, and data, with the add-on that lets me use my phone for a hotspot. Auto pay gets it down to unlimited everything for $65 a month. As far as 5G, can anyone really tell the difference and is it really any more than a marketing gimmick'/
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    They have that try-before-you-buy plan now where they will provide you 30gb of data for 30 days without any questions asked (i.e. no credit card). You can either use an existing iphone or they will send you a hotspot. This mught be worth looking into. I just got the hotspot and will test this out on our upcoming trip to Colorado. Only issue with the hotspot is its not 5g so cant evaluate that part of thier network. I have att and verizon now but thinking to add t-mobile if they provide coverage in spots the others dont.
    Thanks, I'll have to look for the try before you buy. I didn't see that when I was browsing their site. Regarding the 5G, I watched a good video from Mobile Internet Resource Center where they explained that there isn't much noticeable yet. The backbone is there but 5G is really what will become next gen over the coming years/decade to replace 4G. They go into pretty good detail. This is where I learned Tmobile is ahead of the others and set up to be first due to their investment in 5G. At&t and Verizon aren't as aggressively investing yet. Time will tell...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We changed from Verizon to T-mobile and have been from AZ to TX to IN to MI, WI MN, SD and now MT. T-mobile has had good or better reception than Verizon except at our campground in Hill City SD and Verizon barely worked there. In town (Hill City) we got good reception. We have the 55+ on 2 lines for $45 ea with 40 Gigs of hotspot data ea.

I'm happy
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For quality service, Verizon is my first choice, but they are expensive. By switching to T-mobil my monthly bill went from $145 to $65 a month and I get free mobil hotspot by using my phone's bluetooth. Verizon excels in adding strange fees and taxes.
    The absolute worst service I have ever had was AT&T, then Sprint.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to look for the try before you buy. I didn't see that when I was browsing their site. Regarding the 5G, I watched a good video from Mobile Internet Resource Center where they explained that there isn't much noticeable yet. The backbone is there but 5G is really what will become next gen over the coming years/decade to replace 4G. They go into pretty good detail. This is where I learned Tmobile is ahead of the others and set up to be first due to their investment in 5G. At&t and Verizon aren't as aggressively investing yet. Time will tell...
    this is the link the test-drive: https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/free-trial
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    We changed from Verizon to T-mobile and have been from AZ to TX to IN to MI, WI MN, SD and now MT. T-mobile has had good or better reception than Verizon except at our campground in Hill City SD and Verizon barely worked there. In town (Hill City) we got good reception. We have the 55+ on 2 lines for $45 ea with 40 Gigs of hotspot data ea.

I'm happy
    With the 40Gb of data, do you have plenty of capacity? We don't watch live TV so it's always Netflix, YouTube, etc. But since we've never used cell service to stream that stuff, I'm not sure if 40Gb is more than we need or if watching say a few hours a day requires more than 40Gb/month. What has been your experience?
    Chad

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    this is the link the test-drive: https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/free-trial
    Thank you, I'm going to give that a try when we head to FL in a couple of months.
    Chad

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T-Mobil has an add-on that allows you to use the unlimited data from your phone service via bluetooth to your wifi equipped computer. It's only $15 a month. I couldn't see paying $40 for 50G when I can have unlimited for $15
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast