Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MorRyde System

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    We had a 2600RB Imagine that we put the SRE4000 on. It comes with a cross brace for the frame. We really liked it. That being said, we took the 2600 to Alaska with the stock suspension and had no problems. Morryde is way better if you can afford to have it done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Imagine come with upgraded suspensions, I know, I sell them. Also look at the Lippert Road Armor system . Smoother ride and use the MORyde heavy duty shackles and wet bolt kit, cheaper and better than Lippert. Make sure your shackles are the right length. Look at 3 MORyde cross braces for the center and both leaf spring ends for lateral support of the frame, welded supports for the leaf spring hangers, and 4 shock absorber kit. Now you are ready for the Alaska highway!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVISION View Post
    Has anyone installed the Morryde System on their Imagine travel trailer?

https://www.morryde.com/products/sre...system-triple/

I plan on taking it to Alaska, I’m told there are a lot of permafrost bumps or hills, the Morryde would help.

My daughter in law saw a video of someone pulling a Reflection in Alaska in their blog they mention this Morryde system to make the pull better.

https://www.keepyourdaydream.com/alaska-recap/

Anyway, I would like to get others opinion PLUS any other ideas that would help.
    Thanks
    I chose to install the Lippert Road Armor on my Imagine 2970RL. Very glad I did as the trailer tows and rides much better. Also installed HD shackles and wet bolts.

I did so for trips to Michigan so if you are going to Alaska I would certainly recommend installing some type suspension equalizer upgrade.

If you have issues finding the HD shackles, which you might, mine were on back order forever. I ended using the Dexter HD shackle kit and wet bolts. With spotty suppliers it has become a mix and match game. LCI equalizer with Dexter HD shackle set. Everything was the same I just ended up with two stock Dexter equalizers that came in the kit. So now I have four stock equalizers. The two I took off and the two that came with the HD shackle kit and wet bolts. And I had to order two separate wet bolts because the Dexter equalizers had grease zerts on the equalizer.
    Last edited by OurNewEra; 09-29-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for CRE3000 with wet bolts and shackle kit. Installed it on my 2400BH, and it tows great.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Road Armour equalizers, HD shackles and wet bolts on our 2400BH and am VERY happy with the improved ride. Definitely less “chucking” and there are many bumps that we don’t feel at all when the trailer rolls over them compared to the truck.

As for the installation… I installed the system in my driveway in about 3 hours. Just have a single floor jack and jack stands and it was not that big of a deal. I’d rate the project a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale for difficulty.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone installed the Morryde System on their Imagine travel trailer?

https://www.morryde.com/products/sre...system-triple/

I plan on taking it to Alaska, I’m told there are a lot of permafrost bumps or hills, the Morryde would help.

My daughter in law saw a video of someone pulling a Reflection in Alaska in their blog they mention this Morryde system to make the pull better.

https://www.keepyourdaydream.com/alaska-recap/

Anyway, I would like to get others opinion PLUS any other ideas that would help.
    Thanks
    I installed the CRE3000 and heavy duty shackles/wet bolts on my 2970RL. The difference is noticeable...especially when you get on one of those roads that feels like you are riding on a sine wave...up and down...up and down.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moryde install

Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I am looking to install the Moryde 3000 with new shackles and wetbolts. I
    have jacks and stands but am nervous about getting trailer safely suspended so I can work under it.
    I have watched numerous youtube videos and they all show how to change the equalizer and stuff but
    they do not show the jacking and rendering the trailer safely suspended. One big question, is it better to jack
    one side at a time or raise all 4 tires?

Thanks for any help:
    Bob A.
    It's far better to jack up the entire trailer. That takes the load off both sides and makes it much easier to get everything aligned when you do the install. Just be sure to pay close attention to the wet bolt alignment instructions.
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Tamper View Post
    No Imagine come with upgraded suspensions, I know, I sell them. Also look at the Lippert Road Armor system . Smoother ride and use the MORyde heavy duty shackles and wet bolt kit, cheaper and better than Lippert. Make sure your shackles are the right length. Look at 3 MORyde cross braces for the center and both leaf spring ends for lateral support of the frame, welded supports for the leaf spring hangers, and 4 shock absorber kit. Now you are ready for the Alaska highway!
    I just did basically what New Tamper said on our 2930. After 2 trips from MN to AZ the brass bushings in our OEM suspension were shot - in fact some of them were totally gone! I did new heavy duty shackles, bushings and wet bolts. Also just finishing up with Roadmaster shocks. Hope to get it out on the road for a quick getaway next week.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up our 2022 Solitude and was pleasantly surprised to see Morryde from factory. It pulls real smooth.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, thanks I will find someone to install the MorRyde.
    I plan on taking the Imagine to Alaska next summer, is there a forum that might discuss Alaska? I want to go via northern Michigan.
    Are there any campgrounds in Norther Georgia you really like? State of Georgia Campgrounds?
    My son lives in Cumming, I hope to share the Imagine with them. Even though I'm in north Ohio we bought it in Acworth.
    Fort Mountain SP near Dalton gets my vote. You also have Cloudland Canyon. You can't really go wrong with any of the Georgia State Parks.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast