I have one of the earlier Solitudes which has a 1 1/4 hitch receiver on the back of it. I was wondering if it was safe to put a bike rack on there to carry two mountain bikes. They probably weight about 40lbs each if that. There is a lot of contreversey on this subject and I would just like clarification. I was told not to use any adapters which I can see why that would be. Is it safe to carry two bikes and would it effect the warranty on the frame. Many bike racks even though they are 1 1/4 inch hitch size say not to use with travel trailers. I was wondering why they say this. I also heard from one of the people in the forum that they do not put hitch receivers on the back of these trailers anymore. Is there a reason for this? I would appreciate any clarification you can give me. I just do not want to damage my lovely Solitude in any way. It is really difficult to get one answer on this subject. Places who sell bike racks will tell you anything will work and that is why I am asking you because you built this RV.