User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I raised mine on a 369rl before it left the dealer, we have a very steep driveway at our house.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T'boro Fisher View Post
    I raised both of ours as soon as I got the trailer home. As I remember right the driver's side was raised 3 holes and the off-street side 2. I don't remember what was in the way but there was something above the jack head that restricted the one side more than the other. To prevent the dreaded "out of stroke" message we always use blocks under the jacks.
    I have gotten the out of stroke message once. Turned the system off then back on and it worked perfectly. No other changes....
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yattr0 View Post
    I have gotten the out of stroke message once. Turned the system off then back on and it worked perfectly. No other changes....
    I'm relatively certain the Ground Control 3.0 unit employs Hall Effect sensors for auto leveling. Those types of sensors, while being very good, can still be prone to errant readings. I too use blocks, but I've noticed that if there's a significant slope of the ground, port to starboard, the auto level has some difficulty. I dunno.....probably just like most things I put my hands on - the issue is operator error.

Tom

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    I'm relatively certain the Ground Control 3.0 unit employs Hall Effect sensors for auto leveling. Those types of sensors, while being very good, can still be prone to errant readings. I too use blocks, but I've noticed that if there's a significant slope of the ground, port to starboard, the auto level has some difficulty. I dunno.....probably just like most things I put my hands on - the issue is operator error.

Tom
    A cold boot is always a good first option for smart (cpu based) devices as they just might be a bit off!
    Current;

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yattr0 View Post
    A cold boot is always a good first option for smart (cpu based) devices as they just might be a bit off!
    I use to joke, back-n-the-day when WinBloze was sketchy and re-booting was the norm, that wouldn't it be nice if fixing our cars were that simple. That when the car was acting up, you'd shut it off, wait 30 seconds or so, fire it up, and the issue was gone. Little did I know that with CPU's controlling throttle, trannies, air/fuel, etc. nowadays, it's come true!!

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    I use to joke, back-n-the-day when WinBloze was sketchy and re-booting was the norm, that wouldn't it be nice if fixing our cars were that simple. That when the car was acting up, you'd shut it off, wait 30 seconds or so, fire it up, and the issue was gone. Little did I know that with CPU's controlling throttle, trannies, air/fuel, etc. nowadays, it's come true!!
    From one Tom to another ... you are a man ahead of your time!
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When we were at last year's Elkhart rally, our campsite was right next to a speedbump on the campground road. I personally saw three GD units go over that bump and their jacks hit rather hard on top of it. The faster they were going, the more bounce there was and the harder they hit. None of the owners seemed to hear the impact and just kept on going. Maybe it wasn't loud enough for them to hear. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have failures on the jack system later on and have no knowledge that the damage was caused by impacting the speed bump or other similar items.

Jim

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hit one of the jacks on my 29rs the first time I took it out of the barn. Bent it so bad I couldn't fix it. Cost me over $400 to replace on my brand new RV. After that I raised the jacks as high as possible on the mounting brackets. The problem with raising the jacks up is that if you have a failure you can't crank it up. So plan on carrying a bottle jack, blocks of wood and tools so you can remove the jack if needed.
    I also take off the round feet and store them when traveling.
    So far my jacks have hit twice more but haven't bent enough that they won't work. I will never buy another RV with this type of system. I called and talked to Lippert when I first bought the RV and suggested that they redesign the jack where either you could fold them up for travel or have a shear pin that would break and let the jack swivel to avoid damage. As far as I know they have never made any changes to them.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ground Control 3

I will be moving my rear jacks up one or two bolt holes - as far up as possible. It appears that for CC3 the bolt on the bottoms of the motor will move the jack in either directions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.37.50 AM.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6927

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.38.10 AM.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	6928
    Current;

Past;

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see a plug on the bottom so will have to take a look. Thanks
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast