User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like to hear specfics regarding 3.0 on 2017 29 RS. Just picked mine up 2 days ago. After three different dealerships all said the same thing, ie the Ground Control 3 is well engineered and the position of the jack will not cause problems, I decided that my 15 years as a experienced 5 er driver and concerns that I might drag the jack should be put to bed. Anyhow, I have a very gradual rise and fall to my driveway and my rig rest at home on its own concrete pad. The read jack slightly clears this and when my neighbor watched as I exited my driveway, the rear jack actually slightly dragged on the concrete apron. The Hall Effect unit is at its max height and cant be raised due to encrochment to belly of my 29 RS. I to think that a shorter stroke Hall Efect jack should be employed. In reseaching Lippert, it appears that there is a short stroke jack that measures 10.5 inches and would gain more clearence. Any technical advice from anyone would be helpful.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a torque setting for the bolts when I move it up?
    Jeremy & Katie
    2017 303RLS Reflection
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerloser View Post
    Is there a torque setting for the bolts when I move it up?
    Like to know this as well as I am about to do this on my 2017 337....
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Various charts if you Google "bolt torque calculator" ... here is one I've used before: http://www.engineersedge.com/hardwar...olts_13355.htm
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SundanceandButch View Post
    I would really like to hear specfics regarding 3.0 on 2017 29 RS. Just picked mine up 2 days ago. After three different dealerships all said the same thing, ie the Ground Control 3 is well engineered and the position of the jack will not cause problems, I decided that my 15 years as a experienced 5 er driver and concerns that I might drag the jack should be put to bed. Anyhow, I have a very gradual rise and fall to my driveway and my rig rest at home on its own concrete pad. The read jack slightly clears this and when my neighbor watched as I exited my driveway, the rear jack actually slightly dragged on the concrete apron. The Hall Effect unit is at its max height and cant be raised due to encrochment to belly of my 29 RS. I to think that a shorter stroke Hall Efect jack should be employed. In reseaching Lippert, it appears that there is a short stroke jack that measures 10.5 inches and would gain more clearence. Any technical advice from anyone would be helpful.
    Did you raise the jack all of the way up? They don't come that way up from the factory. I asked McClains RV, my dealership to raise mine and they said they would have to charge me. Well i brought it home and destroyed one before I could raise them up.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you recognized the problem in advance. I hope to mitigate it before it happens to me. I think the jack is raised all the way although there is a 1" gap between the foot and the strut outer cylinder. Is this what you are refering to as not fully raised. If so did someone share how to raise that part.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you recognized the problem in advance. I hope to mitigate it before it happens to me. I think the jack is raised all the way although there is a 1" gap between the foot and the strut outer cylinder. Is this what you are refering to as not fully raised. If so did someone share how to raise that part.
    I told the guys at the dealership that they were too low and their response was "we have never had any problems". That cost me over $400!

I am referring to unbolting the jack and them remounting it as high as possible on the bracket.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. 2017 29RS rear jacks are mounted with the head right up against the floor. No room to move up. I think Lippert makes a shorter Ground Control 3.0 leveler. Will investigate that. Thanks for the input. Question, when your 29 RS is sitting level and the rear jacks are up, how far off the ground is the pad?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. 2017 29RS rear jacks are mounted with the head right up against the floor. No room to move up. I think Lippert makes a shorter Ground Control 3.0 leveler. Will investigate that. Thanks for the input. Question, when your 29 RS is sitting level and the rear jacks are up, how far off the ground is the pad?
    I can't make mine sit level because I have too many blocks under the front jacks but being about 1-2" nose high I have 8" clearance

A non-related question for you. Can you tell me what your pin weight is on the sheet of paper that came with your 29rs? Also what options you got? I am trying to see how pin weight changes with options added. Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info. I'm setting level and just finished loading all the stuff from the previous rig and I'm right at 8 inches. I followed Lipperts recommendation for checking proper placement and according to them all is well. The rise and fall is minimal to my house and I drag. Will have to do something.
    Re tongue weight it's still 1498 with just second air option. I noticed they increase gross to 10,995. It was 9995 when I ordered it. Must have added growth hormones. Thanks for the help

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast