Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not happy when my 379fl got delivered today

We did a pdi last week and the dealership arranged delivery today.it showed up and when they backed it in my driveway I saw something dragging. More investigation and it was a type of duck tame that was over a access panel cut in my brand new belly. 2nd I fwent in the camper and immediately saw island damage! Something hit the island hard! Hopefully I can get this stuff taken care of.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Access is normal if they found an issue during either the GD pdi, or at the dealer.

The island should be covered by the delivering dealer. Sounds like delivery damage.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry to hear ! I am sure you will be taken care of
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
    We did a pdi last week and the dealership arranged delivery today.it showed up and when they backed it in my driveway I saw something dragging. More investigation and it was a type of duck tame that was over a access panel cut in my brand new belly. 2nd I fwent in the camper and immediately saw island damage! Something hit the island hard! Hopefully I can get this stuff taken care of.
    I don't think I would have accepted the camper and not bought it until things were correct.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that a cut in the underbelly is the correct way to fix something in there.

Start with the saleman and work your way up to GD.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is I didnt see the repair on pdi . I skipped the slide under part being it was inside there shop and the camper next to mine had just done a pdi and the rep had pulled the water dump to rewinterize it and the floor was wet. (my bad) I had them deliver my camper to my house (100 miles) When the delivery driver backed up my driveway I saw what I thought was a chunk of landscape fabric on the axle. (my bad again) so we parked it and I shook his hand ,tipped him $20 to go have lunch on me..... My wife still had the keys in her purse from the pdi and she was at work so I never had a chance to look inside the camper on delivery. So I decided to level it in my driveway and do a little walk around to admire my new rig. that fabric was now on my mind so I grabbed my creeper and slid under. shocking to me it was a black mesh type duct tape that had fallen down from a repair done to the belly. IMO any repairs should be disclosed (honest dealer) and Imo the repair SUCKS.. it lasted one trip and failed. if not cought I could have rodent problems,water problems ect. I will be going back under to see if I can deturman what repairs where made and if done to my liking. If good I will use a HQ 3m windshield bond to join the belly back together.
    I also found once my wife got home that somehow the center island got damaged. Im thinking a tool box ect hit it. We found a few minor things during pdi witch needed adjustment. so Im guessing the mechanic must have done it during that time. (sheet happens I get it) but nobody told me about it and the damage has a attempted poorly fix with putty in it. I have video proof that it wasnt there prior to delivery. So being the nice guy I am I know the dealer ship has the Big camper show this weekend and there all hands on deck to get the show going. Ill call them mid week next week when things slow down and start twisting there arm...
    I also found last night that there is a heat duct next to the step that isnt working correctly. you can feel the heat is there but not blowing out. I will investigate that myself.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add more to your pdi check list !!!!! pull the ac filter covers off and check the tags !!!!! My front ac unit is a 13,5 ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16486820_10155002390736468_5968398933399254883_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	6761

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add more to your pdi check list !!!!! pull the ac filter covers off and check the tags !!!!! My front ac unit is a 13,5 ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16486820_10155002390736468_5968398933399254883_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	6761
    If it is a black front cap 379FL, the front A/C is a 13,500.

Always was...

The new style runs dual 15k Coleman units.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not going anywhere any time soon; maybe you should camp in the driveway for a few nights. You will probably find more things to put on their fix list.

Our first night out, the Furrion DVD player wouldn't work.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been in the camper filling it up,checking it out ect ...

I have found more things that make me go hmmmm

My wife is in the kitchen putting stuff away and Im outside and open the front storage compartment. My wife yells wtf did you just do ? I say nothing why. she says it dropped 20 degrees in the camper instantly !!! ... So curious me takes the access panel off and low and behold ,I'm looking right into the camper ! HUGE GAP ... So yea 1 more thing for me to fix. not to mention I need to fix the access panel so its not junk after a couple of on offs ... p.s. there is a fuse for the battery charger and water pump back there ! .... also found 90% of the water fittings back there not real tight. most had a good 1/4 turn left by hand .. Not huge things but things... Im anal and like to know where everything is and how its put together.

that gap goes right into the camper... its under the tv hutch in the kitchen Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16423163_10155010897221468_227129029210368260_o.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	6797

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast