Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd air conditioner in 303rls, or any Reflection.

Does anyone have, or wish the had added a 2nd air conditioner to the bedroom area? How well does the single unit work in keeping the whole unit comfortable. Does anyone use the single air conditioner in the desert southwest during the summer?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of discussion about a second AC for the 303RLS on this thread.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-or-not-303RLS

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

[QUOTE=On the fence;96348]Does anyone have, or wish the had added a 2nd air conditioner to the bedroom area? How well does the single unit work in keeping the whole unit comfortable. Does anyone use the single air conditioner in the desert southwest during the summer?[/\

We live in Texas and would not even consider a unit without 2 ac's. As bad as the heat is (and it's bad) the humidity is just as bad. So it kinda depends on where and how you use your rig. If you stay North in the Summer them maybe you don't need a second. But my guess is that it comes down to "it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a 20016 313rls tt and had the bedroom ac installed when we bought it. we would not travel without both. when it gets REALLY hot in Texas you need both. even in mild climates we might use the main during the day and the bedroom unit during the night.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reflection 367BHS and did add the second unit. Our rig is 41' long was not going to take any chances!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that have added the second AC. Is it also controlled by the thermostat in the bedroom, or is there a separate thermostat for each unit? I didn't look close enough when at the dealership to know if there are 2 of them. I am trying to get accurate pricing to install the second unit in the bedroom, so need to know what all equipment I need to have it ducted to the existing ac ducts.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ideal installation of a front AC should have a second thermostat on the wall near the light switch. You should find the thermostat wiring taped to the wires that go to this light switch. We don't have the second AC, so maybe someone who does could post pictures of AC and thermostat for On the fence ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Separate thermostats. The forward thermostat is near the bedroom light switch as Rob indicated. The aft ac thermostat is near the door (just to left of 303 bathroom door, opposite entrance door).

Hope this helps.
    Jeff & Deena
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, 4 x T-105s
    2006 F-350 King Ranch, 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that does help. One unit I looked at had a thermostat in the bedroom, I just thought that was the only one. Anyone with a second ac know how much work was involved in installing it? I know its pre-framed, and wired, just wondered how much work was involved in connecting to the existing duct system.
    Thanks to all the help I have received here, I am about to fall of the fence, and buy my 303rls. Thank you all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was installed at factory...sorry.
    Jeff & Deena
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, 4 x T-105s
    2006 F-350 King Ranch, 4x4

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast