Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV paint and fabric protection on 303rl and extended warranty. Help

The dealer tried to talk me into paint/fabric system for 2,000 dollars. Telling me no wax for 5 years needed. I decided not to take it because it seemed like a wast of money. However if anyone here can convince otherwise I may consider.

They also pushed a 3,000 5 year extended warranty. Also declined

I will tell you they were pushy and made me felt like I made a BIG mistake not getting these 2 items.

They told me warranty was only available at that price for that night I was at finance desk but I still can get paint protection.

Did I make a mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. You didn't make a mistake at all. Their aftermarket add ons are a huge profit center for them. If you are considering an aftermarket extended warranty, check with Good Sam. But for $5000 you can do one heck of a lot of interior and mechanical repairs.

Jim

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas1234on View Post
    The dealer tried to talk me into paint/fabric system for 2,000 dollars. Telling me no wax for 5 years needed. I decided not to take it because it seemed like a wast of money. However if anyone here can convince otherwise I may consider.

I will tell you they were pushy and made me felt like I made a BIG mistake not getting these 2 items.

They told me warranty was only available at that price for that night I was at finance desk but I still can get paint protection.

Did I make a mistake?

You did the right thing. My dealer finance guy was very nice and personable until I said no thanks to his $7,000 extended warranty. Then his attitude changed tried to tell me I was a fool not to take the warranty.

The finance guys make big commission selling these ultra high profit products.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the process of purchasing a 376TH. One dealer offered a Lifetime Warranty. When I finally got the details out of the salesman you are required to have your RV inspected annually at your own cost. Failure to do so voids the warranty. Not a hug cost, but a huge PITA.

Second warranty offer was Good Sams, around $3000 for 7 year package.

Third warranty offer was XtraRide, again around $3000 for 7 years, $100 deductible.

Fourth warranty offer was through Wholesale Warranties, around $3000, $100 deductible.

I am going to purchase one of the warranty programs. In our current RV we didn't start having warranty covered issues until our 4th year, then in year 5-6, a couple of repairs, now we are in year 7, lots of stuff has been replaced this year. Enough to have paid for the extended warranty. Will I need it? Probably not, we only plan on having the 376TH for 5 years.

The tipping point for the decision was not so much having the coverage, but the service. Some of my repairs have been difficult to get done. Having an extended warranty company that has a list of repair persons they can go to will make my life easier. Rather than me spending hours on the telephone calling around or spending hours tinkering with something to figure out exactly what is wrong I will just call the warranty repair company and then wait. They find the repair person, the repair person figures it out and gets the parts, the warranty company pays for it.

This plan may not work, but it may, only time will tell.

As far as the no wax for five years I would be interested in knowing what that is.

Dallas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Makes me feel better turning this stuff down.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the exterior and interior protection on my last trailer. Unfortunately I only had it for 1.5 years. I will say that the exterior appeared to be sealed well during that time. I mainly did it for the decals, especially the front caps that were reported to fade quickly. On my new trailer I did not get it. It wasn't even mentioned. I already applied a coat of polymers on it and it was time consuming.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    I did the exterior and interior protection on my last trailer. Unfortunately I only had it for 1.5 years. I will say that the exterior appeared to be sealed well during that time. I mainly did it for the decals, especially the front caps that were reported to fade quickly. On my new trailer I did not get it. It wasn't even mentioned. I already applied a coat of polymers on it and it was time consuming.
    What kind of polymers?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the exterior protection because our Solitude 369RL lives at the Coast and is stored there outside. Any additional protection is a positive. One year in and it looks like new after a wash. Also if anyone does do it, you can't wax as it removes the coating and invalidates the warranty, at least on the product my dealer uses.
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2005 Airstream 396 XL LandYacht Motorhome (Yes they made some!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas1234on View Post

Did I make a mistake?

No mistake, dont feel bad. Take that $5000 and set it aside in a "repair" account. If you need to make repairs beyond the factory warranty period use that money to address any issues. These warranties are more like insurance policies if you ask me.

When i bought mine, the finance guy was very pushy and upon me declining his tactics he tried to convince me the slide needed to be removed to replace the fridge. I reminded him im getting a toy hauler and was confident the fridge would fit through that door, he stopped after that.

Warranties are just free $$$ for the dealer for the most part, thats why the finance guys are the worst of all of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    No mistake, dont feel bad. Take that $5000 and set it aside in a "repair" account. If you need to make repairs beyond the factory warranty period use that money to address any issues. These warranties are more like insurance policies if you ask me.

When i bought mine, the finance guy was very pushy and upon me declining his tactics he tried to convince me the slide needed to be removed to replace the fridge. I reminded him im getting a toy hauler and was confident the fridge would fit through that door, he stopped after that.

Warranties are just free $$$ for the dealer for the most part, thats why the finance guys are the worst of all of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Lol same statement. Pull the slide for a repair =big money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast