Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

took possession on our Solitude 310GK

Hi everyone,

We towed our new Solitude to our storage place yesterday. We did the walk through last week and these were the items we required the dealer to repair before we took possession:

1) There was no silicone sealant around the kitchen sink, only one glob on one side of the sink. How does this get missed during inspection at the factory?

2) The shower door latch was missing parts. I lifted up the latch and it fell off in my hand.

3) The bedroom room didn't close, the latch plate was way off.

4) The screen door didn't latch to the outside door.

5) There was a puddle of water under the couch......dealer said it was from the cleaning crew. OK, wiped it up and all seemed ok.

6) Landing gear didn't work after 2 times....seemed to be just a reset issue. Working fine now.

All in all, mostly minor things. I imagine we'll find more when we take it out for a few days next week.

BTW, we love the Hensley BD3 hitch!!!! Nice ride and we only have a very minimal amount of air in it........forgot to take the bicycle pump with us

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mary, welcome back! Sounds like you got your truck and fiver. Congrats!
    I'm surprised the dealer didn't find some of those issues and fix them before you did. Congrats again!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Mary!
    Your list of "to do " items didn't seem to have anything major on it. We picked up our Solitude 310 GK a week ago, although we had a few more items on our list the dealer promptly attended to them.
    We traded up from our Reflection 29RS, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We decided on the 310 as we are planning on spending more time on the road now that the kids are on their own
    Perhaps we'll see you out there.
    Happy trails to you Mary!
    Jim & Denise
    2017 Solitude 310 GK
    2016 Chevy Silverado SRW Duramax 3500 HD LTZ

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. Sounds like your PDI went pretty well, and everything you found (and I agree, they should have been ID before it ever got to you) are minor and easily repaired. I've also got the DB3. I put 50 lbs of air in mine before I picked up my 384GK last week and that seemed to be about perfect. I agree, the hitch really smooths out the ride. Good luck with your shake down next week, hope all goes well.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watch for possibly more puddles under the couch. We had a leak around the window during a hard rainfall.
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, Mary! Did your Dealer fix all these issues before you left with it to take it to storage?
    Gary & Mina - Pensacola/Milton, Florida
    2017 GD Solitude 384GK-R, Bamboo, Beige Furniture, Slide Toppers, Gen Prep. Built 12-19-Home 12-26

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch, Dually, Chrome Package, Quad LED Lamps, Adaptive Cruise/CLSN WRN, Adaptive Stirring/Lane Alert,
    BLIS System, Tow Tech Bundle, Power Steps, Dual Alt's, 3.55 Limited Slip, B&W 3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    [SIGPIC]http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6069&dateline=1482812 176[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mary if you haven't yet be sure and fire up the oven and make sure the pilot light will stay lit and that the oven gets up to temp. Ours was from a batch of defective pilot light units that Suburban installed and provided to Grand Design. Part for a mobile repair tech to come install was covered but not the $50.00 mobile service call. I called GD and they sent me a check for $50.00 to cover the service call to fix the problem. Took the tech 20 minutes to replace the pilot light at our site.

We ran the dishwasher, washer/dryer all sorts of tests before we left the deliverey dealer but never thought to check the oven. It would light but would go out shortly after that. Think the warmest we got the oven up to before the PL failed was 165 degs.

Enjoy your new trailer.

George
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd hit the window with a hose at the dealership to nail down if it is a leak or not.

Otherwise that is a pretty tight list, all minor.

Enjoy your new unit. We are hopefully going to be ordering a Momentum this spring. Still working on a few things before we go FT again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had some pretty bad water staining on our bed head board when we took delivery late last year. (2016) Nothing was found and they called it condensation so we moved on and will have the headliner replaced this spring when we return to the dealer for a few other upgrades we want done.

After spending the winter in the trailer with temps down to ZERO there have been no further moisture issues with the bed head board cloth as the humidity in the trailer stays at or well below 30%.
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George
    Can you tell me what brand of dishwasher you have and are you pleased with it
    Thanks
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast