Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leather tearing

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leather tearing

Less than 3 years and the arms on my leather theater seats are starting to tear. Very disappointed. I expected longer wear than this. Any ideas on how to repair the tears before they get worse?*
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Joe View Post
    Less than 3 years and the arms on my leather theater seats are starting to tear. Very disappointed. I expected longer wear than this. Any ideas on how to repair the tears before they get worse?*
    I don't have an answer for you, but curious to know the history of your trailer, so I can plan / anticipate for mine. Full-time, or intermittent travel? If intermittent, stored covered or in the Texas sun?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Leather

If the theater seats were leather I would agree with you that 3 years is way too early to be tearing. Problem is, your seating is vinyl and they simply don't hold up as well as leather.
    Having said that I still feel 3 years is not a very good lifespan even for vinyl.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    If the theater seats were leather I would agree with you that 3 years is way too early to be tearing. Problem is, your seating is vinyl and they simply don't hold up as well as leather.
    Having said that I still feel 3 years is not a very good lifespan even for vinyl.
    Husker, Now that I think about you are probably right. It's more than likely pleather not leather. My salesman told me it was leather. He proved he wasn't the most truthful person.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomHaycraft View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but curious to know the history of your trailer, so I can plan / anticipate for mine. Full-time, or intermittent travel? If intermittent, stored covered or in the Texas sun?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Tom, I've had my Solitude for almost 3 years. The only problem I had so far is hydraulic leak. Most of that is due to improper maintenance. I was living in it in Galveston for a year and a half. Being about 300 yards from the water the rams on the slides rusted. When I brought the slides in they tore up the seals. I should have run my slides in and out every 2-4 weeks and that would have helped to keep the rams lubricated. Other than that, I have really enjoyed it. I'm now in southern California living in it working until I can retire. In the Texas hest, 2 AC units have a tough time keeping it cool. But much better job
    than one unit would.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a solitude and we have that same problem not necessarily on the arms but on the seats about where your knees are. We do not live in hours full time and we have baby our rig so I was rather shocked to see that They are tearing as they have hardly even been sat in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk