Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing Home Our First Travel Trailer!

So pumped about picking up our Imagine 2800BH today from Trailer Hitch RV in Nipomo, CA! Any questions I should be sure to ask when going through our walk through orientation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new trailer. Make sure you understand how every system operates. Be especially focused on hitching and unhitching. If your dealer allows it, you might consider videotaping the walk through. But you're going to have questions when you bring the new rig home. We're here to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions when they come up.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Glad you're here. Some folks take pictures as a reminder during a PDI, or even video it. I've been through quite a few PDI's, ask questions, especially if something doesn't sound right to you. Some of the things I was told over the years are just plain funny.

John
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Congrats on the new trailer. Make sure you understand how every system operates. Be especially focused on hitching and unhitching. If your dealer allows it, you might consider videotaping the walk through. But you're going to have questions when you bring the new rig home. We're here to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions when they come up.

Jim
    Thanks! PDI went alright but they were short handed and it started pouring down rain so we didn't get to go up on the roof to inspect things up there like I wanted. We are actually camping with it tonight at s place within 30 miles of the dealership so hopefully tomorrow's weather will let me check things on the exterior more thoroughly before we drive 200 miles to get back home.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Congratulations! Glad you're here. Some folks take pictures as a reminder during a PDI, or even video it. I've been through quite a few PDI's, ask questions, especially if something doesn't sound right to you. Some of the things I was told over the years are just plain funny.

John
    Thanks John. I actually watched a video on YouTube of a full PDI (90 min vid) for our exact model. It was more thorough than what I got today but there were extenuating circumstances today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer Holiday World in Katy, makes provisions for new owners to camp out on the property one night after the PDI.
    We didn't take them up on the offer, but looking back we should have.
    99% of the issues we had when we bought ours where caused by rookie mistakes! Slow down, check and re-check everything.
    Like mentioned before , Ask questions and learn the systems.
    And have fun !!
    2015 313RLTS
    2006 F250 6.0 FX4 minus the Ford parts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were offered to stay up to 2 days at LazyDays after delivery both times we bought from them. The first time we didn't stay and we found issue that required we return the trailer to get fixed.

The second time we bought from them we told them we would stay one day. We ended up staying 2 days because of little things we found overnight.

First day I requested they pull brake drums and inspect grease seals. They found 2 leaking seals.
    Also the latch that keeps the door open was broken
    There were some minor furniture issues on the dining chairs that the cabinet shop fixed

Then after the second night we found a small water puddle in the front storage area. It was identified as a shower door bottom rail not calked properly and leaking on the bathroom floor. Tech came right out. It took about 30 minutes to properly diagnose and fix.

When we were getting ready to leave the entrance door wouldn't shut without being slammed hard. And the door key wouldn't work smoothly They tried to adjust it on site but were unable. They towed it to their body shop and had to trim about 2 thousandths off door frame so the striker plate would properly fit. Now it closes like butter.

We're glad we stayed to find the issues.

LazyDays was very accommodating.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new rig. Welcome to the GD family and to our little spot of sanity here in cyber world.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is a great service that your dealer provides. We didn't have that but like I said we ended up camping at a full hook-ups facility so we could test everything out. This was initially and primarily a function of living 4+ hours away from this dealer so we needed a place to stay once we left their location. But it was nice to see how everything worked. Fortunately, my dad who has owned a diesel pusher for about 15 years was with me for that first night to lend his expertise. I will say I was a little frustrated that the dealer was short-handed that day so they had a young guy from the service department do our PDI. He didn't work through a checklist, he just walked around the outside and around the inside and pointed a few things out and asked if we had questions. He had filled up the fresh water tank to the 1/3 mark so he could show us that the pump and pluming worked. Although the dump hose cap was on, both the gray and black tank valves were opened. We didn't realize it until the next morning after we had stayed in the trailer for a night (and used the toilet a bunch). I did figure out that they were opened before I took the cap off to attach the hose, but there was still a few cups worth of yuk that came pouring out when attached the hose. Silver lining: great lesson in making sure I check EVERYTHING for myself and not assume someone else did something for me!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry thanks for the advice. Were all those problems with a Grand Design rig? If so it makes me wonder just how thorough all these quality control check points are that they brag about on their website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast