User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mattress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marmidor

Mattress

Just layed down on mattress for the first time. Good lawd this thing is like a brick. Does it soften up with use? If not and we elect to purchase a memory foam mattress, will a standard king matrress cause problems with the slide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mattress

No...it doesn't.
    We bought a 10-inch Cool Gel Memory Foam.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bought a mattress cover with foam at Wal-Mart for approx. $45.00. Works for us. Hope that helps.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We replaced ours with a king sleep number. It fits a little tighter against the small side "tables", but that actually works out better because items can't drop in between. Of course, it's not the easiest thing in the world to make but we love our sleep number. It even has the rounded end corners.
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

We put a Costco 3" foam topper on our mattress, and it worked much better. Softened it up a bit. It is FIRM though. I had to trim about 2" off the side of it to make it fit.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

marmidor

For those of you that replaced the mattress with a regular king mattress, does the comforter still ft on it?

marmidor

We just added a memory foam gel 3 inch mattress topper. Came from Walmart. Was $150 Made big difference. Had to cut some off the side and around the corners but it did the trick.

barkermd

I just replaced my mattress with a King Sealy Super Pillow top.. It measures 76X79.5 so it is 4 inches wider and does not have rounded edges. It does squeeze up against the side shelves, but like someone said earlier, stuff doesn't fall in between the mattress any more. It is a little tighter on the sides as well, and sits up higher.. However, I can now reach the over head reading lights without straining. And,, it is soooo comfortable! The factory mattress was ripped from the factory, and GD will not warrantee it.. So I had to buy a new one... Michael B.

Cruisin Camper

Ours came with the memory foam and I am not a fan. We will be full timing in a few years so I will be getting a sleep number for the rig. Our king from home....not sure it would fit. LOVE my sleep number.

CraigL

factory Mattress is memory foam but too thin....after 6 months we were sleeping on the plywood...replaced it with a 12" memory foam...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....it's great!!!! 72" x 82" California king....different mfgr's go to 84"...need to go shopping with measuring tape, as finished lengths are all over the place.