User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    Second day out with trailer on first weekend. We were working during the week and enjoying the weekends as we moved along.

Got to the next campground, beautiful cement pad. We got it all leveled off and I did a walk around to make sure we had clearance, no problem. Wife starts to run out the big slide, then BANG! I yell, what the %$## was that? Wife yells back, "the fascia just popped off the slide on the back". I ask her to go look again.

The black computer bag had slid off the back couch and was leaning up against the far side of the slide. That is one tough HP laptop, it pulled out the screws on the fascia. No issues with laptop at all.

Had to wait until I got home to my air nailer to finish putting the boards back on. Looks pretty good, a few of the nail holes are more noticeable, but it is fine.
    My wife constantly reminds me to check the slides before moving them. I keep reminding her SHE is supposed to be the one doing the inside stuff. Regardless, one of these days It's going to bite me.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great when roles are distributed and everyone knows what they are responsible for - teamwork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    went camping had a great time. hooked up and got distracted while finishing. thought everything was good to go and got in started to pull out, it didnt want to move, should have stopped and checked, but i gave it some gas and then the bump and drop.... got out realized thee trailer tongue jack was still fully extended, and bent at a 45 degrees.... couldn't raise it as the bend was at the motor. couldn't extend it as it was already fully extended. ( had to fully extend to install sway bars). couldnt remove the jack because it wouldn't fit through the hole in the tongue with the bend. So here i was at site with the jack dragging the ground and couldn't get off the truck. finally found another camper with a saw and cut the jack extension right under the bend. drove home, had to keep it on the truck till next work day and take to the dealer, they helped get it off the truck and replaced the jack ... will never make that mistake again... i do final walk around 3 times before i move from then on.
    Earl C.
    2019 F350 SRW 3383 lb payload
    GD Imagine 2600RB (currently)
    IYAOYAS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the first time out with our previous travel trailer I forgot to check the outside kitchen faucet to make sure it was off when we plugged into city water. Needless to say the faucet was not off and ran at a trickle all night long. When we went outside in the morning we were greeted by a giant puddle of water under the back of the trailer. The only real damage done was to the laminate counter top of the outside kitchen cabinet, that trailer used foam insulation which dried out fine in a couple of days.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done several of the "oops" listed here. So, we have taken to creating checklists for everything. Inside chores, outside chores, departure tasks, arrival tasks, etc. Even a blank area for to-do's we find we need while performing a checklist task. Since we're still brick-and-mortar based, we print new lists every trip. I like the suggestion from another poster to laminate the lists for re-use with a marker or grease pencil. That will suit us better when we are finally lucky enough to retire and full-time RV. Another thing we are learning as we get older and slightly more forgetful - double check each others work. And triple check if anyone got distracted during the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'll play. Labor day weekend 2019. Last minute weekend plans changed, and there were no campsites around. So we decided to go up to Red Feather Lakes CO and boon-dock for the weekend. I took the Friday off and headed up to get a spot, my wife was going to come up later that afternoon after work. We'd had our 26' Imagine TT for a couple months, and I have no issues backing it, confidence was high. I pulled onto a road, in the Natl Forest, and went around two 90 degree corners (trees on both sides, very narrow road). It was about this time I realized what I had done. I had gotten myself into a place I couldn't easily get out of. Confidence drops. Well the road went up a hill, and they had built burms in the road to keep it from washing out. My F150 cleared them no problem....not so much for the scissor jacks and both stairs. But there was nowhere to turn around and I couldn't back up. Confidence is very low now. So after dragging the stairs and jacks over 3-4 of these burms, I found a campsite (occupied) where I could at least turn around. So I back in, careful not to hit anything. I start to pull out, and there is a big old pine tree to my left, but I've got 4-5 feet clearance, so I'm good, right??? WRONG!! Someone had cut a branch off about 6' from the trunk, and it was too high for me to see in my mirror. So as I'm pulling forward, I feel some resistance. I immediately stop, get out and look. The stub of a tree branch had gone right through the window of the slide out. I almost vommited right there, and once I got done with some choice words, I realized I still had to drive back down over these burms again too.

Needless to say, it ruined our plans for the weekend. BUT I was able to order a window from the local dealer, bought new stairs at CW, and new jacks. All told, about $1000 and a full weekend of me doing the repairs - including removing the entire dinette to clean out all the broken glass. Now its good as new, except for one piece of trim where the rear stairs bent, but otherwise you'd never know.

Moral of the story, if you are boon-docking, and things look tight, drop the trailer, explore with the truck and come back for the TT.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2019 F-350 SRW
    Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R on order!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the wrong handle (Grey water/Black water) once at night (1990 Jamboree Class C) after our son had taken a 10 min shower and filled up the grey water tank! We had water connections and elec but no sewer. I decided to empty the grey water on the grass after my 5th beer.
    Probably a gallon escaped before I realized it. Still, a gallon of raw sewage on a warm humid night was horrid.

Ooops!

DW was livid and our neighbors thankfully that night were our neighbors at home too. They were more forgiving than DW but I did dilute the mess with a water hose.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819