User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gravity feed fresh water inlet???

Our 337RLS is at the storage facility so I can't check.

We came from an Imagine which had a Gravity Feed fresh water inlet on the side. I don't remember seeing one on our 337RLS. Is there one and if so where is it?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you have the Nautilus system the fresh water inlet is part of that system. It uses the city water connection to fill the fresh water tank.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with the KantLeak system. Connect your hose to the city water inlet, and change the valve settings.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bandbmolders.com/files/User_Instructions.pdf

There is a picture on page 2, the inlet is on the bottom left.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks All.

I'm familiar with the Nautilus system the fresh water inlet but i was wondering if there was an additional way to fill the fresh water tank. With my Imagine you could fill via the city water feed by flipping a valve and it also had an additional inlet on the side of the trailer where you could gravity fill the tank with the fill tube device pictured below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails waterfill.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    Your 337 will not have the typical gravity fill option as you pictured, but you can still fill your fresh water tank from a water jug or other container by hooking a short hose to the nautilus connection with the other end in your jug or container, and set the valves to the sanitize setting, IIRC, and then turn on your onboard water pump. This will draw from whatever container you are using directly into the fresh water tank. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there a check valve in the fresh water inlet??? When I winterized I had the pink jug elevated with a special hose I had made to connect onto a gallon jug and thread into the water inlet. It would not drain into the inlet. I called the dealer and he told me to remove the cone shaped screen in the inlet and turn it backwards. This would open the check valve. I tried it and it worked. What is the check valve for????

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Isn't there a check valve in the fresh water inlet??? When I winterized I had the pink jug elevated with a special hose I had made to connect onto a gallon jug and thread into the water inlet. It would not drain into the inlet. I called the dealer and he told me to remove the cone shaped screen in the inlet and turn it backwards. This would open the check valve. I tried it and it worked. What is the check valve for????

The check valve is to prevent the pump from blowing tank water back out of the inlet when dry camping.

Likes to tow, just curious but.

Why are you pouring antifreeze into the water inlet? When winterizing or adding water when you dry camp, just stick your hose into the container and suck it out with the pump.
    Last edited by notsosan; 02-21-2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Question
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    The check valve is to prevent the pump from blowing tank water back out of the inlet when dry camping.

Likes to tow, just curious but.

Why are you pouring antifreeze into the water inlet? When winterizing or adding water when you dry camp, just stick your hose into the container and suck it out with the pump.
    When I prepared to winterize I use a hose that would screw onto a gallon of pink antifreeze. This special hose is something I made years ago when I had truck campers and I continue to use it. I turned the antifreeze upside down so it would drain and tuned on the pump as required in the winterize instructions. The pump would not pull any liquid from the upside down gallon jug. I then elevated it above the water inlet on the P1 station. Still would not pump. I then called my dealer for help and he said to remove the cone shaped screen in the water inlet, turn it backwards and reinsert. When I did this the pink stated coming out of the jug and I ran the pump until pink came out of all faucets both hot and cold. I had drained the hot water tank and left the plug out prior to starting.
    My dealer said there is a check valve in the city water inlet and only pressure will overcome this valve. A city water hose will certainly provide enough pressure but the pump may not. Does this make sense??????? At least it worked and I have pink coming from all the valves. Another point, nothing is said in the winterize instructions about the low point drains coming from the bottom of the trailer.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What system do you have, Kantleak or Nautilus? I have Kantleak and when I set it for gravity fill, sanitize or winterize I don't have any trouble drawing fluid out of a container.

Nick
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast