User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Lifted" areas in roof membrane along plywood seams

Yesterday I was up on the roof of our 2016 337 yesterday and noticed that there are narrow, linear lifted areas ("bubbles," if you will) along what seem to be the side-to-side seams of the roof decking underneath. The affected areas run the width of the roof but are no more than 1/2" wide. If they don't get any worse, should I worry about these or should I have something done under the roof warranty?

Thanks!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take pictures with a ruler laid down next to the areas to show scale. Hang on to these for your documentation and to compare to in the future, should you feel it is worsening. Check the fine print of the warranty from GD, I don't recall details for the roof.

With that in hand, go to your dealer, ask they assess the roof and if needed, contact GD. If it is an issue, your dealer and GD might take care of it. If it isn't an issue, hang on to the documentation of the dealer's assessment, again, for your files should it worse in the future.

Tom
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tom, document it with pics and you can also mail GD with the pics and question if you like. That way you have a record of it for warranty purposes. I will say though, I've read similar and seen similar, and if I recall correctly it was said to be the adhesive under the TPO roof not being applied evenly. This is generally not an issue unless the roof pulls up near the front cap. Then wind will begin to lift it. I looked at a trailer before I purchased mine and noticed the bubbles just forward of the ladder. When I checked the one I ended up purchasing, I didn't notice any. Your likely o.k.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice, guys - thanks. Have you ever met an acrophobic pilot? Hi. My name is Rob. I'm licensed, checked out in high performance retractibles, and have done my share of time in Hueys with the side doors open (strapped in, of course)... I couldn't clean out the rain gutters on our stix 'n brix, get nauseous at the edge of canyons, and I white-knuckle it getting on top of the rig. I'll have to get back up there when we leave where we are the end of the month to get the satellite antenna down and I'll get photos then.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Good advice, guys - thanks. Have you ever met an acrophobic pilot? Hi. My name is Rob. I'm licensed, checked out in high performance retractibles, and have done my share of time in Hueys with the side doors open (strapped in, of course)... I couldn't clean out the rain gutters on our stix 'n brix, get nauseous at the edge of canyons, and I white-knuckle it getting on top of the rig. I'll have to get back up there when we leave where we are the end of the month to get the satellite antenna down and I'll get photos then.
    Hi Rob,

If your travels bring you to Central Texas (maybe anywhere in Texas!), get in touch with me, it would be an honor for me to take care of the pictures and documentation of your roof. A token of gratitude to you for serving our country.

Tom
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS