User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spend the time and go over your new camper with a fine tooth comb!

got up on the roof today to blow off pine tree needles off my slide's and started looking at the lap sealant around the fixtures. I found several spots that where not sealed because the sealant had gaps leaving the area open to leaks... This got me in the mood to look at other areas and I also found spots on top of the slide that the caulking missed the trim altogether. Fixing this stuff could sure save some big problems down the road.... Sad its brandnew ... Got brakes to replace today, hubs to repack,seals to replace, recaulking to do .. Isnt camping great ! thanks GD .....
    2016 solitude 379fl
    Minnesota,North metro
    summers @ flying goose
    fairmont,Mn seasonal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, so true - with my 5th wheel, I had the dealer do a roof inspection when putting it away each winter, and getting it out of storage each spring (hey, it was free!). I also did a look before the first trip of the year. BUT - I did not look at it during the season. This past summer, apparently a tree branch got me in the spring and it went unnoticed. And then we had an exceptionally wet summer. It wasn't until late fall that I noticed one wall was showing it's ribs - kind of a starved horse look. Dealer diagnosed it as delamination in at least two walls, and maybe three, due to water getting in through a rip on the roof. Insurance totaled the thing, which is why I am now a member of the GD forums!
    Inspect, inspect, inspect.......
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a entire tube of dicor today fixing spots on the roof. many spots that had screw heads uncovered ,and spots that have seen shinkage and cracked open. A few spots just not done as well as a owner would like. Im not blaming Gd on this much. My unit is a 2016 and I'm sure it sat on the lot a good summer. just a heads of for owners to get the roof inspected by someone you trust. My dealer told me they check it and it was great...um sure you did...... I only found one 6 inch section on the front side seal on top that they miss caulked ...