Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Considering A Solitude but have a few questions

Welcome to the GrandDesign RV family! We appreciate your decision to purchase a Solitude. Thank you very much. We will take great care of you.

Happy travels,

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diane, welcome to the forums and congratulations on your Solitude 368RD purchase!
    When we were shopping this past summer and first discovered the Solitude, the 368RD was the first one we saw. The rear dining model is so usual. It is really a beautiful camper, as is all of the other Solitude floor plans.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Rdianek

Hi Renee and Bill!!

Thanks!! We are taking our first trip in it November 1st and we just can't wait!!!!

Diane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Solitude 369RL and I have traveled over 5000 miles with it since March and I have had no serious problems at all. Just a few minor things that were adjustments and some customizing that I wanted to do. I have had no trouble with the tires as of this time. I just make sure I check the air everytime I travel. I love my Solitude more than any other fifth wheel I have owned. I am camping in the mountains right now and it has been kind of cold and with the additional insulation it seems to heat pretty well. I plan on traveling many more places within the next year. I do not see any problem with living in this unit full time. I am pondering on that idea now. This unit is heavy but tows without any problem.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    I am towing the solitude 369 with a 2010 Dodge RAM Diesel Mega-Cab, 4x4 (SRW) and have no problem at all. I am still within the limits of my truck tires and GVWR. I did add air bag suspension on my truck but that was more for comfort and to soften the impact of the trailer during travel (and for hauling loads other than my trailer). I did not add it because of the trailer weight. I have a short bed so I I am using a manual slider hitch (Hijacker ULS 16).

We plan to spend 5 months in it during the winter traveling the southern USA and then traveling a bit within Canada in the summer. It rides very nice. You hardly notice it's behind you unless your climbing hills (assuming you have a strong truck with enough torque like our Dodge)

You should be fine if you have a truck with the proper weight ratings.

Happy travels
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12