User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same thing Where can one obtain one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadGuy View Post
    Started out with big stackable tubs but switched to adjustable shelves and smaller tubs for the front storage area. Really easy to get specific things out now. Water hoses and other items fit up top and stay out of the way... Wire shelving bought at local hardware store (note shelves installed upside down so the front has an edge to keep things from sliding forward).

Also, installed a modified version of underbelly storage to keep my sewer hoses and blocks handy.
    Quadguy, where did you find the black wireracks with the lip on the edge? For the life of me, I can't find them anywhere?
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2018 F350, Supercrew, Long bed, Powerstroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    That's a nice looking squeegee. How long does it extend?

Thanks, KEN
    I think it is 10 feet. I haven't actually used it yet :-)
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Lowes (I assume many other home stores too)
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yattr0 View Post
    QuadGuy,

Thanks for the idea and the information. I liked your idea so much I studied your pictures and just went for it.

Used 3 - 30" wall supports that rest on the metal floor. I did 2 shelves 59" wide of the 16" deep shelving in gray (has about half the lip height as the white but appears to be ok).

Moved the light fixture from the back wall to the front ceiling and adjusted a few wire lugs on the DC terminals so the the cover could be lowered a bit for shelf placement. Also zip-tied some of the wire around the Ground Control 3 electronics to minimize anything catching on them.

I have 2 T105 Trojan batteries that I want to keep towards the from for access to fluids. They will either remain there or shift to the curb side (lighter side of unit wrt delivered axel weights). Once solved, will work out venting.

We only have a HD which has gray shelving but only white in the other pieces. They did let me have the shelving for $0.01/ea (priced incorrectly and didn't care to correct).

I was able to remove 4 storage containers from the basement area and have significantly better access to all this stuff.

OUTSTANDING!

/ed

Attachment 7363
    Thank You!
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure he said you can get regular wire shelves at Home Depot or Lowes. They are just normal wire shelves and turn them upside down to get the lip. He sprayed painted the shelves black. He also said that they have dark grey shelves now and if he was going to do it again he would just use them because the black paint does scratch off a bit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been almost 2 years since I did the wire shelving mod with everything painted black and scratches have been minimal. The trick I found was to let the paint fully cure once everything is installed and you paint any scratches from installing the shelving.

Also, I installed using 4 wall posts vs. 3 to allow splitting the shelving into 4 pieces and having different heights of each shelf but so far I haven't found the need to go that route...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The squeege handle is only 5 feet I think. I got it at lowes.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this up to the top. I went digging for this thread again as I wanted to refresh some ideas in my mind. So much gold here it should be a sticky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadGuy View Post
    Yattr0,

You can get all the supplies at HD / LOs and one of them is now carrying everything in dark grey which would avoid painting. Here are answers to your questions best I can provide at the moment. Seems front storage compartments vary per make / model so best measure for your rig so you limit cuts. I have a 357BHS so my measurements probably aren't universal. It was a really easy job just take your time.

Q1: Yes, that sounds right. I made both shelves the same depth but you could use smaller size on top if you wanted to get bigger items up there. I liked having both the same size and using the top area for my water hoses.

Q2: You will need to measure your opening diagonally to see how wide you can actually make your shelves. I then cut to the next opening at the inside of the cross support so I could maximize width and only had to momentarily bend the sides in when inserting the shelves through the door.

Q3: I would measure your compartment height and cut them to height. I made sure the bottom ends rested on the compartment floor and were cut to the same height making sure the support brackets all lined up at the same height so the shelf would be flat.

Q4: Just center punch the rails where you find screw holes and use sheet metal screws to anchor to the wall. Just be careful drilling through the sheet metal or you will drill through the backside carpeted board. I used one screw on the top and bottom per rail.

Q5: Yes, I used plastic black spray paint on everything before installation and did minor touch ups after installation. The paint dries pretty hard if you let it dry the recommended time stated on spray can but I wanted to get the job done in the same afternoon... After a full season of dragging things in / out it's held up pretty good but if I had to do it over again I would pay the extra cost of the new dark grey shelves HD / LOs now carries.
    QuadGuy, I am about to do this mod and located everything except the sheet metal screws. What size did you use?? What an awesome idea!!
    Kim and Dave Scott
    2018 Reflection 367BHS *AKA* "Grace"
    2019 F350 Super Duty "Limited" DRW
    2013 H-D Road Glide
    "Whoever dies with the most toys wins"

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast