Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    Just found this thread. Tagging for later when I’m on the desktop computer
    Did you get a chance to look at this? Thanks.

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    Did you get a chance to look at this? Thanks.

Tim
    It's been so long. What was I supposed to be looking at? Thanks.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it was the plastic piece that holds your table in your basement.
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL-Guy View Post
    A quick question. Is it ok to put screws and hooks into the aluminum studs to hang wires, hoses etc?
    Thanks
    I have done it with no I’ll effects. As long as you don’t Swiss cheese it or put in critical structural areas I think you will be ok.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess its not technically a "basement mod" but I see a lot of replies on here about undersling storage such as the slide-out drawers or the PVC fence mods.

My GD 2150 RB has sheetmetal/aluminum? skirts all the way around for either aerodynamics or probably just aesthetics. Do your rigs not have this? Are your underbelly storage contraptions lower than the skirts? Did you remove the skirts?
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    I guess its not technically a "basement mod" but I see a lot of replies on here about undersling storage such as the slide-out drawers or the PVC fence mods.

My GD 2150 RB has sheetmetal/aluminum? skirts all the way around for either aerodynamics or probably just aesthetics. Do your rigs not have this? Are your underbelly storage contraptions lower than the skirts? Did you remove the skirts?
    On our 337RLS (and most others that I've seen) the skirting is even with the bottom frame. That said, I haven't added anything underneath mine. Everything that's already there, like the spare tire and the (YIKES!) rear support, already look way too close to the ground!
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 337
    I had been tempted to buy a manufactured tray, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that it would not fit our needs. For months I worked on a design in my head, inspired by a couple of overland bloggers who used skateboard bearings. I was tired of having to reach in past the plastic saddlebox to pull out the Blackstone and try to get it level on its rickety stand. When camping in bear country, it cannot be left out, so being able to have the griddle on a slide was my main purpose. The other tray slides out both sides and will go well past halfway. The bottom had to be able to clear the lip on the utility side, so that gave space underneath for storing our table. Mistakes were made, but I learned a lot along the way, and I'm pleased with the finished product.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161401.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	42239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161446.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	42240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161620.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	42241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161251.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	42242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161504.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	42243
    2017 Reflection 337
    2017 F450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basemment Slide Mod

Very much like your Mod and have some questions.
    1.) Can you load the table from either side since the slide is elevated?
    2.) What mistakes to look out for?
    3.) Any material list such as the slide hardware?
    4.) Anything you would do different next time?
    5.) Can you share some dimensions such as, what is the total length of the two way slide, clearance from slide floor to ceiling of basement, offset from forward wall to clear openings,
    6.) Locking mechanism to keep slide from moving during travel?
    Thanks and good work!
    Gary
    Gary & Jorie
    2021 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, MorRyde CRE 3000, MorRyde Pin Box, Renogy Solar,
    2019 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500HD Duramax Std Box, Firestone Air Bags,
    Arvada, Colorado

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY nice! If you don't tell anyone about the mistakes, no one would guess. That's the thing we all live with when we do it ourselves - knowing where the boo-boos are.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) You could load the table from either side, but the driver's side opening has a lip, so you would have to push the tray back to access it. I have a few small items under that side: a small folding stool, extra boards, whisk broom, etc.

2) My mistakes were mostly in my craftsmanship, rather than in the design, ie. Lack of experience with the table saw, using pocket holes, and being precise with the pneumatic nailer. I did have to move the square tubing down on the one tray when I ended up without enough clearance underneath. Bolting the frame though the floor was surprisingly easy, but I did have to use only screws for the rear most section, because there is a tank in the way.

3) Almost everything came from Lowes except for the few things I listed below. I used 3/4 inch plywood on the frames and trays except for the bottoms which are 1/2 inch. I used 5/16 bolts. Most were 1-1/2 inches, but where I needed to mount bearings on both sides of the frame, I bought them 2 inches long and cut them with a hacksaw. 1-3/4 would have been perfect, but I couldn't find them.

I could have gotten a larger size of square tubing, and in retrospect, it may have made it easier, but I was trying to make sure I could make the long tray wide enough to put the table underneath, so every fraction of an inch counted. https://www.amazon.com/Unpolished-10...bap_m_rp_30_sc

The skateboard bearings: I ended up buying a pack of 50 then an additional pack of 20 and used them all.

And the drawer slides for the griddle: https://www.amazon.com/Full-Drawer-S...bap_m_rp_59_sc

4) I thought I had everything perfect before anchoring the frame to the floor, but when I was testing it, I didn't have any weight in the long tray. Even though the frame is very strong, there seems to be just enough flex that the square tubing didn't stay completely in the channel in between the bearings. I ended up putting 2 extra washers in the side toward the front. I could have made the drawer slightly wider or the frame slightly narrower. Time will tell how this fix works. I certainly don't have the 800 pounds of capacity that the Morryde tray can hold.

5) The 2 way slide is 81-3/8 long. I could have made it longer to extend over the saddle box but chose not to since I didn't want to extend the frame over the space. The height from the tray floor to the ceiling is 20-5/8. Both slides come very close to the seal for the hatch opening on the sides. See the attached picture for the detail of the frame at the forward wall.

6) I was going to use a simple slide latch, but after I installed a surface to mount it, I didn't think it was structurally sound enough. I'll attach a picture of the latches I used in the picture below. I have one on each end of the long slide and one on the griddle slide.

I hope this helps!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220801_161818.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	42260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220802_094216.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	42261
    2017 Reflection 337
    2017 F450

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast