Hi All!

Hello from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My wife and I along with Barney and Molly (our shih-tzu/terrier dogs) recently took the plunge and ordered a Solitude 369RL. Delivery is forecasted for early November and we just received word that our trailer is currently on the production line so, it appears to be on – time - yea! Very important, because we have plans to head south for 5 months on December 1st. We will be in the Florida Keys for Christmas. All this, just to avoid kennel charges

After much searching and studying specifications we decided on the Solitude 369RL as it met most of our requirements (never can find the perfect RV). The solitude has a larger kitchen space with the great pantry. The bathroom is larger and a single room, and even the bedroom is larger and brighter than our previous trailer, a Cedar Creek 37RDTS that we had for 3 years and enjoyed many trips. I even think the storage compartments are larger. An we like the external colour design that sets the Solitude apart from the rest of the 5vers out there.

One major - major issue we ran into was the "buying local issue” as there are NO local Ottawa Grand Design Dealers. Luckily we found a local independent RV Service Center ( I will pass on the name if that's allowed). After consulting with Grand Design, we found that they would allow us to have our trailer serviced there under the Grand Design Warranty. The two closest Solitude dealers were 120 miles (but in another province) and 300 miles and would luck have it, we struck a better deal with the farther one

Our 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab (short bed) 4x4 SRW Diesel 6.7 Cummings Engine, with a Hijacker manual slider hitch (air ride suspension, AMP running boards, & other toys) definitely has ample power to pull the trailer as it has similar weight and size specifications as our last trailer. We also haul two 12ft Wilderness Pongo kayaks on the cab’s roof with a Thule Rack system using Thule Hull-a-Port PRO Kayak carriers. We also take along 2 Trek Pedal Forward bicycles that I will ask for some help in the appropriate forum.

Hope to meet some of you on the Road!
Aaron & Donna