User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Bicycle Rack To Use on the Solitude 369RL

I just ordered a Solitude 369RL and it does NOT come with a hitch receiver like the earlier models. I am looking for a better way to transport mu bicycles rather than using the bicycle ladder rack that I currently have. I have 2 trek pure bicycles (total weight 70 Lbs). I would much prefer to use a bicycle rack that plugs into a 2” receiver (class III) or 1-1/4” receiver (Class II) or some other rear bicycle carrier.

Can anyone tell me how you are transporting your bicycles?
    • Anyone added a hitch receiver to the rear bumper or frame to be used with a bicycle rack?
    • Anyone using the Lippert “Flip Down Bike Rack” (I have never seen one).
    • Anyone used any other type of bicycle rack to transport bicycles at the rear of a Solitude trailer?

Thank you
    Aaron

Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Re: What Bicycle Rack To Use on the Solitude 369RL

I have the clamp on 2" hitch from Camping World (others sell them as well). It mounts on the bumper with 4" u bolts. It works well. On that I have my Yakima cradle bike rack for mine and my wife's MTN Bikes.
    Thanks
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have the dimensions of the bumper? How wide is it?
    A store near my house has a Class III receiver that clamps onto an RV Bumper. It fits onto a 4-1/4” wide bumper. I don't have a Camping World near me so I’m wondering if that will work.
    Thanks
    Aaron
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Cruisin Camper

We added a bike rack onto the front of our truck. Went 3500 miles with bikes up there without any issues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to be the only post for bike racks on a 369RL. We are heading out soon and want to take our bikes. Curious how the bumper mount type have held up.

Keith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From our experience last summer spending 3 months in Alaska I would not mount anything on the rear of the trailer, ladder, bumper etc. In areas where the roads are bad (Yukon and Alaska) not much will survive being back there. We lost all our camping furniture off the ladder and it was securely hung and strapped to the ladder. End of that day it was all gone including the hanging rack. Then we tried hanging our Torklift Lock N Load with two Honda generators in it on the rear receiver. After two days of finding the Lock N Load bent up and having to do daily road repairs we returned it to the trucks front receiver hitch where it did very well the entire trip. This was on our short previous 31 foot trailer. Adding 8 more feet would most likely magnify the beating stuff will take at the tail end of the trailer. We would not even think of taking our 39 foot Grand Design to Alaska. Our rig is 67' long and would not come close to fitting in a large percentage of the sites we stayed at due to tight turns, low overhead brush and shorter lengths of the back ins and pull thru sites. Next trip will be in our truck with our camper and maybe a Jeep toad for exploring north of the arctic circle.

Then there is the exterior DIRT that will make your bikes un-rideable without a complete tear down to clean the filth out of every nook and cranny after most days of traveling as there is always lots of construction occurring up north. If all you plan to do is cruise the interstates of the lower 48 then some options may work however we've found the infrastructure is deteriorating and there is plenty of bad roads and construction in the lower 48 states too.

Good luck with your search for a solution.
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been using the two bike rack for two years, no issues. http://www.discountramps.com/rv-bike...All%20Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim & Viv Steiner
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2016 F350 6.7 SW SB