Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

293res or new 307mks

We are STILL looking for the right RV after 8 months. Yesterday we looked at a 2014 293RES that basically lives under cover in a park and looks new inside and out. Had a couple minor warranty issues that were taken care of. The rig is basic with no option except a nice $1k mattress and 5 yrs remaining of a transferrable extended warranty. Asking $35k. Seems a bit high but considering the condition they will probably get it.

On the way home we stopped at at GD dealer who has a show priced new 307 MKS. Great floor plan. Has the auto level ground control (is this a new version) convection microwave, outdoor kitchen and entertainment....second awning on the kitchen slide. Only draw back is i dont think you can get to the inside fridge with the slides in.

Have not seen any remarks on this floorplan yet. I guess there are not too many out there.

Looks like i can probably get the new 307 at around 44k. Seems like some nice features over the 293 for $9k.

If we got the 293 we would likely upgrade in about 5 years to something suitable for full timing. Is the 307 mks reflection suitable for full timing? We would avoid the colder climates as much as possible. But not sure if thes lippert frames and axles would be up to the task. I know i would be changing tires to 16 in Sailuns instead of the stock Westlakes....just dont trust them.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREG, either one sounds like a great idea. Picture looks lik slide would prevent opening refrigerator when in travel position
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Are these good options for full timing?