Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does a new (2017) 337 RLS benefit from these upgrades? Without going to an IS, which upgrades are worthwhile?

We expect to put a little over 10K miles on it this year and are wondering any of these upgrades are recommended.

Thanks,

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Does a new (2017) 337 RLS benefit from these upgrades? Without going to an IS, which upgrades are worthwhile?

We expect to put a little over 10K miles on it this year and are wondering any of these upgrades are recommended.

Thanks,

John
    John - if you have wet bolts at all seven locations on each side and they are properly greased, this should be sufficient for 10,000 miles or more. If the outer spring attachment points do not have wet bolts (GDRV common practice for several years but supposed to be fixed for 2017) these will wear quickly and should have wet bolts installed and bushing condition checked.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob.

Our unit is still at the dealer for some upgrades we requested and I can't check at the moment. Hopefully next week...

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed the EquaFlex equalizer from my 303RLS and found the bronze bushings shot. Lippert states the bronze bushing on the hole that mounts to the frame hanger is not replaceable - what's up with that? I was able to remove that bushing and the hole I.D. is the same as the two holes that the spring shackles mount to. Anyhow, I purchased new bronze bushings for the equalizers from eTrailer. The bronze bushings have a 0.698" O.D. The I.D. on the three equalizer mounting holes are about 0.025" smaller. Thus, the bushings aren't going to press in. I also purchased the "Never-Fail" bushings for the spring to frame mounts - thought I'd give them a try. I observed that the "Never-Fail" bushings will fit the equalizer holes. Question: has anyone tried the "Never-Fail" bushings on the EquaFlex equalizers, particularly the equalizer frame mounting hole?
    Marc & Sally
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 2500 SLT
    6.7L Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded my 2015 303 this winter with the Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit, heavy duty shackles, bronze bushings & new wet bolts. The skimpy LCI shackles were worn, the plastic bushings were worn out and never fail bushings worn. I also had the street side springs replaced with heavier springs to compensate for the extra 800 lbs. on that side. Also got rid of my Westlake tires and put on Goodyear Endurance tires.Should be good for a few more years.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which bushings will fit where, seems to be ever-changing with LCI suspensions. I purchased a set on 14 Never Fail bushings (directly from the LCI booth at the last Elkhart Rally) which they assured me would fit all positions on their suspension. I discovered that these would not fit any position on the EquaFlex equalizer. The point of this is that LCI sold me Never Fail bushings to go in the equalizer, so if they fit, this should be OK.

I did install the Never Fail bushings in the spring eyes. This was a year and about 5000 miles ago. I am about to pull this suspension apart again to install the MORryde heavy shackle, bronze bushings and new wet bolts kit. I will advise on how the Never Fail bushings fared after running dry per instructions. I know that the original nylon bushings without wet bolts at the outer spring ends were completely worn through after the first 2 years and 10,000 miles.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting about the Never Fail not fitting the equalizers in your case. Except for the shot bronze bushings in all three mounting holes, the equalizer looks to be in good condition. I'd like to get more life out of it with new bushings installed. As stated earlier, the Never Fail bushings do fit my equalizer. I do have some concern using the Never Fail bushing in the equalizer hole that mounts to the frame as that mounting point will support more load than the two spring mounts on the equalizer. I'd be curious to hear what you observe as wear on your Never Fail bushings when you get into it.

Marc
    Marc & Sally
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 2500 SLT
    6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was buying replacement, there were 2 versions of the equa-flex.
    1st pn 279687 for 4k-6k tandem axles, 2nd pn 279688 for 6k-8k tandem axles.
    I bought the 279688, it was same dimensions as my old one and took the never fail bushings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lippert Equa-Flex 279687.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	8895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lippert Equa-Flex 279688.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	8896

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene - The equa-flex you purchased, were they delivered with the Never-Fail bushings in all three mounting hole positions or just the two spring mounting hole positions?

Between Lippert's web-page Chat line and a call into their parts contact, I couldn't get a consistent, reliable, response to my question on what bushings are now used, Never-Fail or bronze, in each of the three mounting holes. I ended up overhauling my existing equa-flex equalizers with the Never-Fail bushings in place of the original bronze bushings, which were shot. The original bronze bushings were not easy to remove. I'm about to head-out on a 4,500 mile trip. When I return, I'll be breaking the suspension down to inspect the bushings. I'll be very interested to see how these Never-Fail bushings performed.
    Marc & Sally
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 2500 SLT
    6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I purchased two sets of eight Never-Fail bushings at separate times (after I got into the rework on the second side of the RV I found my self short on bushings). The second set of purchased Never-Fail bushings were about .030" larger in O.D. than the first purchased set. Where the first set of bushings did fit the equa-flex equalizer, the second set did not. They're advertized to be 11/16" O.D. Clearly, they're not made to a very tight tolerance.
    Marc & Sally
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 2500 SLT
    6.7L Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast