Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing EquaFlex and bushings 337 RLS

Just checking to see if anyone has replaced their suspension system and what you replaced it with. I am factory stock now but want to up grade from that. Did you stay with the Lippert products or did you go with the Morryde? I like the bronze bushing rather than the "never fail" composite ones. I would like to get the up grades done before spring travels start. Any information would be appreciated.
    Lee and Sandi
    2016 337 RLS
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9L
    Sparky and Missy traveling Maltese

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On our 2014 337, I replaced the EquaFlex with a new one, and changed out the combination of nylon and bronze bushings with Lippert's Never Fail bushings. I also replaced the Lippert shackles with a kit that included new shackles, bolts and nuts. If I had it to do over again, I would not have done it the same way. The EquaFlex equalizers are not bad, but I believe MORryde's are better built. The nuts in the Lippert kit are not correctly applied, and could result in separation of the nut from the bolt due to lack of a proper locking feature. Lippert's shackles are much more thin than MORryde which leaves them prone to premature elongation of the holes and failure. But we lost that trailer last summer and I won't be able to tell how long the Lippert components, especially the Never Fail bushings would have lasted.

In October of '16, we purchased a new Reflection travel trailer, and I immediately changed out the suspension components for MORryde CRE3000 equalizers and a MORryde shackle kit including bronze bushings and wet bolts. The trailer had less than 2,000 miles on it, and the Lippert nylon bushings were already worn completely through. Comparing the MORryde components to Lippert are like night and day. Check out this picture of the two shackle kits side by side:

I'll keep a close eye on the suspension and see how long the MORryde parts wear in comparison to the cheap Lippert components that were originally installed.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim. I follow your threads and respect your thoughts and ideas. That is the way I was thinking of going but wanted to confirm if others went that way too. Hopefully others will let us know what they have done. Happy travels.
    Lee and Sandi
    2016 337 RLS
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just did mine using a new Lippert Equalizer and Mor-ryde heavy duty shackle kit with brass bushings.

My DIY thread is here: http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...sion-Make-over
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed out the suspension components about a month ago on our '15 27RL. Went with Morryde CRE3000 equalizer, wet bolts, bushings and also added the Morryde Performance Crossmember. The plastic bushings in the ends of the leaf springs where they attach to the hangers were shot. The Lippert equaflex seemed to still be in good condition but while I had it all apart I figured I'd change it out. I wish now I would of changed out and upgraded the leaf springs as the street side spring has flatted out. The street side is the kitchen and weighs 400 pounds more than the dinette side.
    I'll most likely tear it all apart again and add the new springs.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. MOR/ryde cut the entire Lippert suspension system out from under the rig and installed the MOR/ryde independent suspension system (with disc brakes). No comparison. There are many suspension threads on the forum - you can probably find them with the search function.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob. If you have the money, IS and disc brakes are two of the best mods you can do
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did exactly as Jim did on my 315RLTS. Inspired by Jim's posts regarding the subject - Thanks Jim! I'm quite pleased with the results. The Morryde shackle, bushing, wet bolt set is a nice bit of kit. Makes the Lippert stuff look anemic.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the feed back. My unit is in Mesa now and I'm in Iowa. I'm going to order the parts so they are ready when I get the RV back home. On the 337 RLS I assume we have the 35" axle and the 2 1/4" shackle kit. Can someone confirm this please. Also where did you find the best price for these?
    Thanks
    Lee and Sandi
    2016 337 RLS
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9L

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee8751 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feed back. My unit is in Mesa now and I'm in Iowa. I'm going to order the parts so they are ready when I get the RV back home. On the 337 RLS I assume we have the 35" axle and the 2 1/4" shackle kit. Can someone confirm this please. Also where did you find the best price for these?
    Thanks
    I wouldn't assume those measurements are correct. I don't have a 337 any more or I'd go measure for you. But I think the 337 had the longer shackles. I purchased my parts through Amazon, but I wouldn't guarantee they are the least expensive.

Jim

Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast