Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently installed the MORRyde HD shackles, bronze bushings and wet bolts on another owners Solitude with Equa-Flex. The bronze bushings would not fit the Equa-Flex out of the box. However, I used a bench grinder to lightly remove a couple thousandths of the outer bushing and then they pressed in nicely. After pressing in the bushings, they slightly deformed the inner diameter of the bushing which made the wet bolt fit tighter than I would have preferred. I checked the inner diameter of an unused bushing and found that a 17/64" drill bit fit perfectly. I used the drill bit in my drill press to open the inner diameter of the pressed bushings. The result was a very clean passage and the wet bolts fit perfectly and accepted grease. I'm sometimes left a little bewildered by Lippert's lack of tolerance control between one product to another. You can take two identical suspension components from them and it looks like totally different products.

Jim

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they came all never fail bushings. I remember checking to see which kit had what.
    etrailer lists the 279688 kit this way: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Sus.../LC279688.html
    I also noticed a bit of size difference in the never fail bushings, I'd also gotten their never fail shackle bolt kit.

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings all,
    My wife and I started our RV experience this year with a 34 ft Montana High Country, just finished an 8000 mile trip, and we have now traded it for a Solitude 375 RES that we will pick up in a couple of weeks. We have learned a lot but have much more to learn, hopefully with minimal rookie mistake pain and misery. One lesson was that roads can be pretty rough, and that caused me to start looking at the suspension system and whether it makes sense to immediately upgrade from the Equaflex 6000 to the MOR/ryd SRE 6000 or not. I am not a mechanic, so much of the discussion that I have read about the topic in the forum is Greek to me, so hopefully someone will take pity on me and answer the following - 1) Assuming the cost is manageable, do you recommend replacement of the Equaflex system? 2) If so, with what? 3) are there other suspension improvements that should be made? I like to prevent problems versus recover from them, so I am open to immediate upgrades if it makes sense.
    Many thanks for any suggestions...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Greetings all,
    My wife and I started our RV experience this year with a 34 ft Montana High Country, just finished an 8000 mile trip, and we have now traded it for a Solitude 375 RES that we will pick up in a couple of weeks. We have learned a lot but have much more to learn, hopefully with minimal rookie mistake pain and misery. One lesson was that roads can be pretty rough, and that caused me to start looking at the suspension system and whether it makes sense to immediately upgrade from the Equaflex 6000 to the MOR/ryd SRE 6000 or not. I am not a mechanic, so much of the discussion that I have read about the topic in the forum is Greek to me, so hopefully someone will take pity on me and answer the following - 1) Assuming the cost is manageable, do you recommend replacement of the Equaflex system? 2) If so, with what? 3) are there other suspension improvements that should be made? I like to prevent problems versus recover from them, so I am open to immediate upgrades if it makes sense.
    Look at your CCC and what other people have gone through with their axles. An upgrade to 8000# axles I think would be a wise investment.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Greetings all,
    This thread is over two years old... probably better to start a new one and ask your question.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    On our 2014 337, I replaced the EquaFlex with a new one, and changed out the combination of nylon and bronze bushings with Lippert's Never Fail bushings. I also replaced the Lippert shackles with a kit that included new shackles, bolts and nuts. If I had it to do over again, I would not have done it the same way. The EquaFlex equalizers are not bad, but I believe MORryde's are better built. The nuts in the Lippert kit are not correctly applied, and could result in separation of the nut from the bolt due to lack of a proper locking feature. Lippert's shackles are much more thin than MORryde which leaves them prone to premature elongation of the holes and failure. But we lost that trailer last summer and I won't be able to tell how long the Lippert components, especially the Never Fail bushings would have lasted.

In October of '16, we purchased a new Reflection travel trailer, and I immediately changed out the suspension components for MORryde CRE3000 equalizers and a MORryde shackle kit including bronze bushings and wet bolts. The trailer had less than 2,000 miles on it, and the Lippert nylon bushings were already worn completely through. Comparing the MORryde components to Lippert are like night and day. Check out this picture of the two shackle kits side by side:

I'll keep a close eye on the suspension and see how long the MORryde parts wear in comparison to the cheap Lippert components that were originally installed.

Jim
    I have a 2017 337 RLS 5th wheel. We have only 9,000 miles on the trailer and one of the leaf springs broke. As most of the similar issues have noted, it was on the side with the refrigerator and pantry.
    Unfortunately we’re in Nashville, NC and can can not find heavier duty springs. I wanted springs rated for 3,500# but had to settle for 3,000# springs. At least these are 5 leaf springs where the original springs were 4 leaf springs. I’ll probably replace them when I get home.

The axel is rated at 6,000#. Does anyone see an issue going with 3,500 # leaf springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by debernsen View Post
    I have a 2017 337 RLS 5th wheel. We have only 9,000 miles on the trailer and one of the leaf springs broke. As most of the similar issues have noted, it was on the side with the refrigerator and pantry.
    Unfortunately we’re in Nashville, NC and can can not find heavier duty springs. I wanted springs rated for 3,500# but had to settle for 3,000# springs. At least these are 5 leaf springs where the original springs were 4 leaf springs. I’ll probably replace them when I get home.
    The axel is rated at 6,000#. Does anyone see an issue going with 3,500 # leaf springs?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Having heavier springs could mean a stiffer / harder riding trailer which could stress other suspension points. Have you weighed the trailer to see what the load is on each side? If the 'fridge & pantry cause it to be heavy on one side you could think about stiffening up that side of the axle .
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t need to get a weigh ticket on our 27RL to see that the kitchen/refrigerator slideout was heavier then the dinette side. One look at the flattened springs on the kitchen side was my weigh ticket. I ended up replacing this springs with the next rating up which was 3000 lbs. I left the dinette side alone as those springs still had a nice arch to them. That was 3 years ago and I’ve had no issues.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2019 Reflection 337 has the Dexter suspension kit. I am looking to change them out to Morryde CRE4000 equalizer, wet bolts, bushings while I have it in storage this winter in the Phoenix area. I want to have it done before we return from wintering in Panama and hitting the road in May 2020.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123