Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great conversation here with a good focus on "it'll never be perfect".

One key to getting things as stable is to have as short a stroke on your landing gear. That's where blocks, under your pads, come into play. On our 31MB (4-point leveling) I've combined that with x-chocks to eliminate almost all of the wiggle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the 367, before this i had the 303. Just using X-chocks and the auto level i would say the 6 point is a clear winner as to how much movement was inside after just hitting the auto level. I have gotten the anderson blocks (buckets) and will use them also. I have not tried it with the blocks yet expect it will move even less.
    I have the kingpin tripod and while it helped somewhat on the 303 there is so little movement in the 367 i will not be using it.
    So i would say you will be fine with the auto level yet i would add the X-chocks also.
    Have a great day
    Dave Z
    Troy Missouri
    2020 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docjason View Post
    1. Should I expect a lot of motion in the Reflection using just the 6 point auto levelers? I have been reading about kingpin tripods and the setup stabilizers that attach to the stabilizers....should I be saving up for these or are they not necessary as the 6 point system is stable enough?
    We've had two GD trailers with auto-leveling. Maybe we're less-sensitive than some are to motion in the the trailer, but in three years and two trailers we've never had a moment of discomfort from it. I'm a very big guy; my wife has never complained as I move around, nor I when she is moving around. Don't notice a thing.

I bought the X-frame stabilizers before we took delivery of our first trailer. I've never used them, not once. If you want to buy three-year-old like-new stabilizers from me we can make a deal but I don't think you should.

In three years of camping in dozens of campgrounds, often large ones, I don't think I've seen more than 25 or so tripod stabilizers. Most people don't think they're necessary, and I've met several people who bought one and no longer use it.

2. With the auto leveling system, will I need to level side to side (we camp in campgrounds) and if so do the Anderson levelers work well for this size 5th wheel?
    Happy news... the auto leveling system levels side-to-side as well as front-to-back. Most of the time it copes with uneven sites. Occasionally blocks are needed to help it.

3. Should I still put wood under the landing gear/jacks?
    Absolutely. I believe it's one of the reasons we don't have a complaint about movement - we use wood to keep the jack plates out of the dirt but also to keep the jack extension short. I bought two ten-foot 2"X12" pressure-treated and cut them into one-foot pieces. We lost a few in the first year to splitting, but since we started alternating the grain as we put them down we haven't lost any. We usually stack at least two under each jack, most of the time we have 3-4 under the front jacks. When parked on our inclined driveway at home there are six under each of the front jacks (with rubber truck chocks in the wheels full time). Feels completely stable to us.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12