User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delivery Date

titrtyca

Delivery Date

If a Dealer said the unit is in route and was schedualed to be delivered on 10/4/13 and it arrives 10/22/13 should I be concered as to why the delay?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Delivery Date

You could certainly ask the dealer, call Grand Design's with your vin number, and most important do a complete pre-delivery inspection checking all of the slides, lights, appliances, and everything else to make sure they are operating properly.

There are various reasons for delays but it doesn't mean you should necessarily be worried - just check.
    Austin & Sarah

2019 Imagine 2800BH #2879
    2013 F350 SRW CC FX4 6.5'
    50 gal. Transfer Flow replacement tank

titrtyca

Thank You for you thought. If I provide the VIN to Grand Design, what do you think they might. I asked the Dealer why the delay. Their response was they have no idea why the delay.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what the manufacturer can/will tell you when you contact them, but if you provide the vin then at least they should be able to check up on that unit and see what is going on. Sometimes it can just be a delay in receiving some of the items that go into your unit from other suppliers. (such as microwaves, refrigerators, etc.) This has happened to me while waiting on delivery of a truck that was ordered.

It could certainly be possible with a fast growth company like Grand Design, waiting on another vendor to catch up.

Good luck
    Austin & Sarah

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be as simple as there were no drivers available at scheduled time of delivery.

I wouldn't worry over it, there are a million reasons why these are off schedule...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

titrtyca

Thanks for trying to put me at ease. Just have concerns when the dealer said the unit was built they had the VIN and it was to be on their sales lot the day before I put a deposit down on it and it arrives 3 weeks late. I was thinking the worst. Still do not have a reason for the delay from Grand Design. We have an appointment today to have it delivered.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I work at a RV dealership, and we usually have the VIN and build sheet several weeks before they actually show up.

I have some Solitudes on order that were offline last week, but don't expect to see them until the end of this week at the earliest, most likely next week.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

titrtyca

It is good to hear from someone in the business to help relieve my concerns. We took delivery today of the first Reflection 293RES delivered to the state of Nevada. We are pleased to take ownership of it. Dealer was great and the walk through went very well. Spotted a few minor flaws that the dealer worked on right away.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad your Reflection is now in your possession - enjoy it and let us know how it does for you.
    Austin & Sarah

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=titrtyca link=topic=122.msg594#msg594 date=1382980429]
    If a Dealer said the unit is in route and was schedualed to be delivered on 10/4/13 and it arrives 10/22/13 should I be concered as to why the delay?
    [/quote]

You will find that sometimes the company contracted to do the delivery will have one story, while the unit sits in the lot until they get a driver to take it.

As we have a client that is an RV hotshotter, this is how it was explained to us. Many units sit in the transporters lot for weeks before they are delivered.

I wouldn't be worried about the delay.

I doubt that GD delivers their own units.