Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a single rear wheel truck that tow a 350M nicely?

We are looking into the 5th wheel world and the 350M caught our eye. Just figuring how much truck I would need and what would you suggest?Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrisf - Have a look at the really detailed weight information provided by Dennis (CWSWine) on his SRW one ton and his Solitude 310GK which is considerably lighter than the Momentum 350M that you are considering.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-Scale-Weights

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked our 350M in January of this year with our 2016 Ram 3500 SRW CC 8ft bed diesel and towed 4 hours to our home. I had no issues on the short trip but I wasn't comfortable. I switched to a DRW but have yet to tow the 350M with it. I'm hoping it makes a big enough difference to justify the price tag on the new truck! Hoping to take it to a CAT scale soon. I'll let you know how it towed.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Chrisf - Have a look at the really detailed weight information provided by Dennis (CWSWine) on his SRW one ton and his Solitude 310GK which is considerably lighter than the Momentum 350M that you are considering.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-Scale-Weights

Rob

I didn't know there would be a quiz?!?!?!?!
    Thank you for the detailed info, a lot to learn.
    From looking at it the short answer is no. Dually all the way.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    We picked our 350M in January of this year with our 2016 Ram 3500 SRW CC 8ft bed diesel and towed 4 hours to our home. I had no issues on the short trip but I wasn't comfortable. I switched to a DRW but have yet to tow the 350M with it. I'm hoping it makes a big enough difference to justify the price tag on the new truck! Hoping to take it to a CAT scale soon. I'll let you know how it towed.
    Thank you please do. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are towing our Reflection 367BHS (biggest model) with a SRW F-350 with no problem. I believe the 350M is around 1500 pounds heavier than our unit so you may be pushing it a bit. I've never had a TH but I understand there is a "galloping" phenomenon that can be caused by the additional weight of the "toys" being concentrated at the rear of the unit therefore causing the pin weight to be light and this should be considered also.

We were at a campground next to a family with a 350M last fall towing with a SRW LB F-350 and he reported no issues. Like recommend above get it to a scale and compare your results to the capacities of your truck to be sure you are safe. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull out 380TH with a '17 F350 SW King Ranch no issues at all. Pulls great, stops great - using 8 on the brake setting,... turns great. The '17s are a bit beefier than prior years - bigger brakes, bigger capacity, heavier duty. She can pull till the cows come home... very happy with the Ford.

We have Airlift Airbags semi-automatic with onboard compressor to help level the back - normally at about 45 lbs pressure and I use the Anderson Ultimate which saves some hitch weight. We don't even realize the trailer is back there half the time.

All of our towing so far has been local.... with an empty garage. We will be putting our golf cart in the garage on the next trips which should help lessen the pin weight a bit.
    Bud Leary
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Hitch
    Airlift Semi-Automatic Airbag System
    Yamaha Custom Electric Golf Cart with 6" Lift

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pin weight on the 350M with a 4 seater golf cart in the garage and all the other stuff we typically take with us and about 100 gallons of fresh/gray/black water on board was 3340 pounds. So if your truck has payload capacity to handle that plus whatever else you put in the truck then you are good to go. I pull with a dually because I want to have additional capacity and stability. I lost a left rear tire and wheel off the trailer at 65mph while loaded as described above, the truck didn't even flinch despite quite a shift in the attitude of the trailer. I don't think a SRW truck would have lead to a crash or anything, but I feel like there would have been some more drama than what I experienced. I don't get the I want the lightest vehicle and hitch I can get away with mentality when it comes to towing. It's all good when it's all good, but when it's not all good I want a fighting chance to stay in control!
    Take care,
    Chris
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD Dually w/ B&W Companion Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 350M. REALLY was convinced my SRW Ram would be good. Even added airbags and stiffer shocks trying to compensate. In the end, youll be over payload of any SRW truck out there once all loaded and full of fuel. It pulled on the highway fine. Power was of no concern. However, on curvy roads i could really feel the rear end squirm. Add some emergency maneuver which is bound to happen at some point and i wasnt confident of that trucks stability with that load. I recently picked uo a new 17 F350 DRW but havent towed yet with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dual rear wheels add stability to your tow vehicle in addition to increased carrying capacity.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast