Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bedroom Stairs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50ST8R View Post
    Great project and one I have on my list as well. Thanks for sharing. I hope to start tearing mine out in the next month. Here in a Wisconsin it is wise to look at the forecast prior to planning extended outside work[emoji16] in the winter. Gives me the opportunity to draw it out and prepare the risers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree to watching the long term forecast! This is a project I also am planning to do this winter, & am thankful for Ben's post from a couple of years ago to allow me to "see" what I had in mind! My wife has a real problem with the "way under code" (two) step heights! I understand that given the space to work with & rise you get what you get!
    I like the black color for the simple reason it won't blend into the floor when stepping down to the (angled) bottom step. It's a visual/perception thing that will help keep your foot from that area.
    Last edited by GeoTech; 01-03-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome job!.....there is just enough room in the void space next to the bottom step to incorporate a central vac
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To JBailey. Love your mod. I have a 2015 303RLS with the same 2 step to the bedroom. Do you have any measurements of what you did? Would love to do the same.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
    Pictures of Final Install:
    Attachment 7183Attachment 7184Attachment 7185

I also put in a second step light and installed it above the lower step. I used a hole saw and cut an 1 5/8 holes and then cut the wires going to the existing light and tied them in together, worked great. Although, be careful what you order, there is a slight shade difference in the color of the lights, barely noticeable, but i would imagine there are many different flavors.
    Sweetness!!
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but I dont have the measurements anymore. We love them and still use them. The drawers are great for flip flops and kid shoes, but adult shoes are a tight fit - hieght wise.
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123