Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rusting Screws in Shower door Track

A month after getting our new 337RLS I was calking the shower door track to eliminate a leak when I noticed the screws attaching the shower glass door track were rusting.

Low and behold they are not Stainless Steel but magnetic steel. Why not Stainless in a wet area? This is a small insignificant additional cost at installation.

I'm on the way to local Ace Hardware store to get some #8 x 1" counter sunk screw replacements.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good catch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 Reflection Model 320MKS.
    I too have screws that are not stainless. Also, the track on the sill of the shower has a screw drilled right in the center. I don't understand why a screw was placed there as the track had double face take under it and is held in place by the sides. I removed the screw and rebedded the track. Unfortunately, I still have water leaking into my bedroom carpet. I have a mobile tech coming this week and will let you know what they find. Also made a warranty claim with GD.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dburklo View Post
    I have a 2021 Reflection Model 320MKS.
    I too have screws that are not stainless. Also, the track on the sill of the shower has a screw drilled right in the center. I don't understand why a screw was placed there as the track had double face take under it and is held in place by the sides. I removed the screw and rebedded the track. Unfortunately, I still have water leaking into my bedroom carpet. I have a mobile tech coming this week and will let you know what they find. Also made a warranty claim with GD.
    We had that issue when we first got it 320MKS. I ended up using silicon caulk and selling the ends, where the track is supposed to butt up against the wall. I also resealed inside of the track, and remove each screw and put some caulk in the hole and replaced the screw. That fixed my wet floors. Put down a wadded up paper towel between the vanity and the shower. (There is a little space there.) If it gets wet, you know you still have a leak. Just inspect the inside track and where it butts up against the wall, and apply some more. I've included some pictures in this post for you to see.

The picture of the track shows what a terrible job I did, but, it doesn't leak anymore! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220316_133054.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	39453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220316_133100.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	39454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220316_133106.jpg 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	39455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220316_133117.jpg 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	39456

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New issue, we seem to have the track and screw problem solved, however still getting water in the bedroom on the carpet. I now think we have a link behind the faucet. It only gets wet when the faucet is on and it take a while to run under the shower to the bedroom carpet. I don't see any access panel to the faucet. It would have to be in the cabinet to the side of the shower. I am going to try taking the faucet apart and see if I can see water dripping behind it. Keep you posted!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New issue, we seem to have the track and screw problem solved, however still getting water in the bedroom on the carpet. I now think we have a link behind the faucet. It only gets wet when the faucet is on and it take a while to run under the shower to the bedroom carpet. I don't see any access panel to the faucet. It would have to be in the cabinet to the side of the shower. I am going to try taking the faucet apart and see if I can see water dripping behind it. Keep you posted!
    When sink faucet is on or when shower water is used?

Looking at the 320MKS floor plan it looked very similar to our 337RLS bathroom/bedroom layout.

I believe if you look in the linen closet the panel that backs up to the shower plumbing is held in with a few screws. You may need a flashlight to look if there are screws holding that panel on.

If that panel comes off it should give you access to the shower controls etc. In addition to the shower controls you may find a vacuum breaker that I believe is used for one of he tanks.

Report back what you find. Good luck.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry, found the leak. Hot water valve, not sure how to fix? See picture!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leak behind shower wall.pdf 
Views:	10 
Size:	760.6 KB 
ID:	39796

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I found the leak. How water side. Now how to take it apart and fix? See picture!Click image for larger version. 

ID:	39797Click image for larger version. 

ID:	39797

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. Took apart the faucet cleaned and put back together and so far no leaks!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. Took apart the faucet cleaned and put back together and so far no leaks!
    That was quick!
    Jerry & Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast