Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Heater

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I'm going in 5 weeks with no hot water at the faucets. Called customer service, and they are trying everything they can think of to help, but still no luck. I have a rare case for sure. I'm down to taking every water line off and blowing air through them to see if I have a blockage somewhere. I have changed every valve, the one way check valve at the water heater, and the pump, with no luck.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadman65 View Post
    Not yet. I'm going in 5 weeks with no hot water at the faucets. Called customer service, and they are trying everything they can think of to help, but still no luck. I have a rare case for sure. I'm down to taking every water line off and blowing air through them to see if I have a blockage somewhere. I have changed every valve, the one way check valve at the water heater, and the pump, with no luck.
    The thing that makes it especially odd is that you are getting "no water" out of the hot water taps. You're not just not getting hot water, you're not getting ANY water, is that right? That's strange.

I'll bet up to a dime that the problem is in the Nautilus panel. When the red valve is turned one way it directs cold water into the water heater to be heated and drawn from there into the hot water lines. When the red valve is turned the other way it should direct cold water into the hot water lines, bypassing the water heater and coming out the fixtures. Seems like that red valve is not letting any water through... sometimes the rubber sealing rings in them get screwed up.

P.S. a couple of tips about participating here:

First, whenever you're replying to someone click on the "Reply With Quote" link at the lower right of the message to which you're replying. Not only does that copy the original message into your reply, improving context for other participants, but more importantly the person you're replying to gets a notification of your reply, so you can be sure that they see it.

Second, consider creating a "signature" that will automatically appear at the bottom of each message you post. Put at least your name and the year and model of your Grand Design trailer in your signature so people can respond to you in the context of the equipment you have. For example, I don't even know for sure that you HAVE a Nautilus panel in your trailer - some don't.

To create the signature, click on Forum Actions in the dark blue bar near the top of the page, and select Edit Profile from the list that drops down. On the resulting page, create/edit your signature under the My Profile options at the left side.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got it to work!!! I ended up changing every valve in the panel. The last valve cluster was a 2 valve setup (part #360017 . I changed it, and o couldn't get water to the hot water heater at all!! So I thought I made it worse. But I was looking at the very first picture that I took of the mess behind the panel, aand I noticed 2 hoses on the cold side were switched. Moved them back, and BAM... everything is right with the world again. So take as many pictures as you can of your project BEFORE you start. Grand design customer service was very helpful, and they don't know why that valve was the problem, but did everything they could to help. Even emailed me every piece of literature they had on the water system. Thank you all for the help.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadman65 View Post
    I finally got it to work!!! I ended up changing every valve in the panel. The last valve cluster was a 2 valve setup (part #360017 . I changed it, and o couldn't get water to the hot water heater at all!! So I thought I made it worse. But I was looking at the very first picture that I took of the mess behind the panel, aand I noticed 2 hoses on the cold side were switched. Moved them back, and BAM... everything is right with the world again. So take as many pictures as you can of your project BEFORE you start. Grand design customer service was very helpful, and they don't know why that valve was the problem, but did everything they could to help. Even emailed me every piece of literature they had on the water system. Thank you all for the help.
    Congratulations. However the part number you provided has been converted into a link to something else.

Would you please provide more information about or a link to the part you replaced?

Please use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of this message to reply with the information.

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called customer service at grand design, and they sent me an email with a screenshot of the front and back of the panel with part numbers on the picture. There wasn't a link attached.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a similar issue. I purchased a used 303RLS (2014) and when we tried everything out it all worked. We are finally considering to try to take it out this weekend and likewise I can't get hot water. I noticed on the control panel that there is no indication of whether up or down is on. There is a small red light but it hasn't worked since we purchased the unit. I don't recall which direction we had them turned when we tested it out. Right next to the water heater switch if a water pump that turned down would turn in on as you could hear the pump activate but now nothing. Are these switches on the control panel controlled by a fuse?
    Thanks for you help

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    I also have a similar issue. I purchased a used 303RLS (2014) and when we tried everything out it all worked. We are finally considering to try to take it out this weekend and likewise I can't get hot water. I noticed on the control panel that there is no indication of whether up or down is on. There is a small red light but it hasn't worked since we purchased the unit. I don't recall which direction we had them turned when we tested it out. Right next to the water heater switch if a water pump that turned down would turn in on as you could hear the pump activate but now nothing. Are these switches on the control panel controlled by a fuse?
    Thanks for you help
    Good guess! The answer may be 'yes'. Hidden behind our 2018 control panel there's a 7.5-amp (IIRC) ATC-type fuse; if it pops much of the control panel becomes inoperable.

This thread is about being unable to get ANY water out of the hot water side, which turned out to be a valve problem.

If you're just unable to get the water tank to heat up the water that's something else. If neither the gas or the electric water heater switch does anything that hidden fuse you asked about *might* be the culprit. It would be easier to first check the AC breaker and the DC 15-amp fuse in the main fuse panel. The water heater needs both. It uses an AC circuit to heat the water when you're plugged in and using the Electric switch to heat the water. It uses a DC circuit all the time to power a control board in the water heater when you're using either Electric or Gas heat for the water heater. There's also a power switch ON the water heater, outside behind the metal grate on the side of the heater. If all the fuses check out and the outside switch is on then you may have a problem with the heater's control board; unfortunately fairly common and you can search for other threads here for information about that.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 04-20-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,
    I was able to find it was the fuse. It was hard to see the reason I didn't initially find it. I'm finally lucky it was an easy fix for once.

Thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123