Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door Lock

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Door Lock

Door Lock I just when out to unlock my 5th wheel and guess what the key does not work to open the door works every where else it suppose to I thing they had some recall on the lock on my cameo I just wondering if this is the same lock. Help if anyone knows how to get this fixed let me know and by the way the dealers here will not work on you RV if you did not buy it there beginning to think maybe I should have waited a little longer before trading in my Cameo.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Door Lock

[quote author=clc530 link=topic=93.msg423#msg423 date=1380410558]
    Door Lock I just when out to unlock my 5th wheel and guess what the key does not work to open the door works every where else it suppose to
    [/quote]

Where else does your door key work? Mine only fits the dead bolt and the door knob.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve the key will go in all holes and open all but the handle I have try wd-40 does not work tomorrow I will drill the keyhole out and try that I have read on other forums that is what you need to do if the other things do not work ( my wife has been complaining about the door not close easy) . So far I have fix a lot of little things on my 5th wheel now I have one jack on the drivers side that comes out about 6" after you have been on the road for hour or so. I think when RV company's stop the piece work and put people to work full time you are going to have these problems, I think after I get back from my winter stay in Florida I'm going to look around for a better 5th wheel.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Charles, I hate to hear you're having so much trouble with your camper. I've had to adjust and tighten a few things and had to get my dealer to repair the drawer/footstool at the end of the bed, and now my keyless entry pad is not working, but I'm hoping it just needs batteries. Priscilla says I love to "piddle and tinker" so these little things give me something to do

If I were you, I'd be bugging the fool out of my dealer to fix all the problems you're having. Most people don't realize that the price we paid for these campers include the possibility of having warranty work done. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Steve

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had RV's from all the major manufacturing companies such as Forest River, Keystone, etc. Unfortunately have had minor and major warranty work to each unit I have had. My current 5th wheel is replacement from Keystone because of major structural issues with the previous one. Some of the issues you are describing don't seem to be that major but I know when it's your own trailer every issue puts a damper on a vacation big or small. I would give your dealership and Grand Design the opportunity to make it right. Hopefully everything works out for you and happy camping.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guy's I bought my GD in Florida and the closes one in Kentucky is 168 miles try getting and Appointment with them 6 to 8 weeks to busy, I can say GD has worked very well with me they put anew AC on the bedroom fixed the awing and paid for my TV wiring, this morning I went out and drilled the key hole out it is now open fine now but will have to get a new door latch and put it on. I think that they need better quality control but as all or most all RV are done by piece work and the worker only has a little time to put it on so mistakes happen, our best friend bought a Trilogy 2013 by heartland it had all the same Lippert or LCI on it the axles where in the wrong place cracks in the bath room sky lite, convert wrong size, wrong size batteries, they left and when home from Elkhart after 2/12 weeks and we went on a 5500 mile trip around NE Canada and New England had a ball. Tomorrow they will be here to put my new tires on China Bombs gone. I could go on and on about the little things but I know that pulling a 5th wheel down the roads we have things happen. I’m glad that I can go on other forums and find the answers I will be glad when ours has more people and we can find fixes a big thanks to the forum master for putting this up.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

99thUnitBuilt

I feel everyone's frustration, I've had issues with my GDS and other brands. I think to often we point blame at the manufacturer or should I say assembler for problems we have that are not really the manufacturers fault. When my main ac quit, I could have gotten mad at GD, but why, GD didn't build the ac unit, Dometic did. I contacted GD to makesure there was no problem taking my trailer to a Dometic service center, that said absolutely not. I contacted Dometic and the gave me a list of reps in my area. I took my trailer to a service center 13 miles away vs 110 miles to the closest GD dealer. With regards to the door lock, you need to contact LCI, they will give you a case number and the name of a nearby rep that can help you with your issue. I've been dealing with them about my trailair hitch. GD has puta parts manufacturer list on their website that list each component and who produced it and the warranty
    term. Out of the 100+ listed, GD was only responsible for approx 10 items.

All I am saying is that it is not always the assemblers fault. Every company makes a bad part every now and then.

It doesn't matter if you spent 10 thousand or 100 thousand, they all have the same basic components.

Like I tell all my new to RV ownership friends, it's all part of the fun in owning an RV.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 when you build your RV with Piece workers you are going to have problems, As I said GD has work great with me on my 5th wheel. I usually fix it my self but I also have the list. I got a new door lock RVLock A-25 series today looks great and works great. Thanks for your feedback.
    Also all newbies should join and help keep this site going I did 2years today.
    Charles
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel