User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet for the RV

I've been looking at several options, now that we're considering traveling for longer periods of time.
    We usually just use the park's WiFi, which is usually not that great, but for a weekend camping trip, it's not that bad. Eventually, we'll be gone for longer camping excursions, and I've got to come up with a better option. (Hubby also teaches only History and earth science class for a university, so internet is a must).

We're looking at switching phone services. At most of the rv parks we stay, I always see in my search for a connection..Verizon listed. Apparently, Verizon has reliable internet service on the go.

I've recently discover this at Walmart ..http://www.internet-go.com/ The reviews look good. And I really like the pay as you use options. The one complaint that has me worry is the one concerning usage limitations.
    Anyone else use this one?
    What other options are out there?
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Internet for the RV

I use Verizon service on my tablet and laptop when I go camping. You are right the internet usually does not work that well at campgjrounds. I have 6 GB plan for data to use each month and it usually lasts me with no problem. You can go up to 8GB for just $10 more a month. It all depends on what you plan on using the internet for. I do not download movies or a lot of graphics. I mainly check e-mail, listen to music, and surf the internet for traveling purposes. There service is very good. There are only a few places where you do not get any reception and even those are improving. If you are looking or reliable internet, Verizon is a good option. I have had it for several years and it is pretty trouble free. I have a hotspot unit that I hook up to the device I want to use, or if you have a smartphone though Verizon you can tether that and have an internet connection. That works fine also.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Renee! We have Driod phones with hot spots that we tether to our laptop and net book. We have Verizon for our service and are very happy with the coverage! We try to remember when we are out and about and see free wifi to use that on our phones to save data!
    John & Joanne--Fort Gratiot, MI
    Maisie the Camping Cat
    2014 Solitude 369RL #942
    2014 Ford 250 Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verizon seems to be the "Internet on the Go" choice!
    I'm going to check out the The Verizon Jetpack.
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

WishUponanRVStar!

We have been Full timing for the last three years. The verison jet pack has worked well for us. We agree that campground wifi is not reliable but when it's good we use that to help save from using our data. The other thing that you want to be aware of, is when using wifi hot spots in campgrounds that they are not secure, so you don't want to put any personnel info out there. Another thing that has help us with our internet is when we are in fringe areas we use a signal booster to help the jet pack lock on. We got ours from the 3G Store online. The staff there is great and will help you as much as you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info, Wish!
    I'm pretty sure we'll go with Verizon. They seem to be the best option.
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250