Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank filling

2017 GD 2600RB, manf 12/2016, fresh water tank is filling up while hooked to city water and over flowing, valve is turned to city water, need a fix other than just use the water pump. I was thinking maybe able to add shut off valve on line going to fresh water tank, not sure that possible. Pressure regulator and filter are used on water line from water hydrant so the pressure is not high. We are into a 10 month trip around the US and Canada so a little hard to leave at dealer for weeks. Coming through Indiana mid May.

other issues: shower wall fasteners loose and coming out, awning strut pin keeper came off, pin came out bent frame at attaching point of strut.

Thanks Ron

2017 GD2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the manual and see if any of the valves for winterizing are in the wrong position.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem on our new 303, it was a defective Kantleak valve. If you have this instead of the Nautilus valves, call Grand Design or Anderson, they will ship a replacement cartridge (usually no charge), very easy to replace, 5 min job.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also have a 2017 GD 2600RB manufactured in 12/2016. Had same problem last year. Also always use a filter and pressure regulator. Had only used the fresh water fill feature at the panel once - normally always use gravity fill port - figured I did something wrong. Nevertheless, GD sent replacement and indicated that this is a cheap design valve. I replaced the valve and never used that feature again - always staying on 'City' selection and filling fresh tank via gravity port. All seemed fine all through the remainder of our travels last year but 2 weeks ago I noticed the fresh water tank was filling again. Upon our return home I intend to plumb this valve out of the system.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Typically an o-ring inside the valve pops out of place. I haven't explored to see how easy/hard it is to take the valve apart. Some people report success after flipping the valve back and forth a few times. Moving the valve while under pressure can cause the problem, but if the previous suggestion doesn't work, I'd try it while the pressure is on too - what's the worst, it's already broken.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After replacing city water valve that GD sent me I was amazed at how cheaply it is made. Will bypass valve if I every have problem with it. Valve was not my problem believe it is check valve inside water pump unless I have 2 defective valves as water continues to fill my fresh water tank when hooked up to campground water. Left gate valve open and water continued to come out for 2 weeks on last camping trip. GD sent me new pump and will install and see if this solves problem but due to low water pressure at home may not know until next camping trip which is not good. Always put some water in fresh water tank before leaving using outside port and not city water valve; therefore don't need this feature.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 02-25-2019 at 02:26 AM.