User Tag List

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantleak Valve Assembly Leak Repair

The Kantleak water system in many Grand Design products can fail because
    1) the valve sends the water to the wrong place (internal O ring problem), or
    2) it leaks because connections made by Grand Design were not correct . . . or
    3) it leaks because connections made within the Anderson assembly are faulty.
    This is about the last variation.

This information was originally posted in December 2015. This latest version (Kantleak Repair 2) is the same except that details about the brass Tee have been added.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kantleak Repair 2.pdf  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason for Kant-Leak failure Adding to Cate&Rob

There is another reason for reason for Kant-Leak failure potentially more common on the earlier units built by Grand Design.

That is the collar (the part screes onto the threads) is too long on the connectors screwed onto the Kant-Leak preventing the rear sesl inside the comnector from reaching the Kant-Leak's male connector to make a water tight seal. Applying silicone tape does not fix this situation.

i first reported this early in 2014 and eventually ive seen Anderson fix this on some units but I still see mamy units with the long collars.

This poor seal presents itself more in colder climates due to the seal shrinking due to the cold temps.

Ladt yesr I converted my Solitude over to the Nautilus panel and now I'm finally trouble free. I should have dome this sooner and saved my self a lot if time and frustrstion cleaning up the floods although Grand Design helped out with ensuring my RV was safe by replacing any damaged or moldy parts!

Thanks to Cate&Rob for the initial post.
    Aaron
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as predicted the KantLeak Kan and did.

After studying your PDF above I am ready to dive in tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    Jay & Alice
    2015 303RLS #711
    2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel Crewcab
    Bedford, Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone heard if Grand Design is willing to replace the flex pipe with full PEX? I'm locating places (extremely hard to see, find, and get to) that are starting to leak. I had another issue that required me to remove a portion of the Coroplast material. When I did, water hit me in the face, I certainly wasn't expecting it. I located the problem, and fixed it with hose clamps. Found another leak behind the water heater, fixed it. I'm wondering if Grand Design realizes these are failing at a monumental rate? I wish I'd get something in the mail that told me they were recalling units because of this....but I'm sure thats wishful thinking.

If anyone knows of anything, other than re-building everything....I'd love to know.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chardyrv View Post
    Has anyone heard if Grand Design is willing to replace the flex pipe with full PEX? I'm locating places (extremely hard to see, find, and get to) that are starting to leak. I had another issue that required me to remove a portion of the Coroplast material. When I did, water hit me in the face, I certainly wasn't expecting it. I located the problem, and fixed it with hose clamps. Found another leak behind the water heater, fixed it. I'm wondering if Grand Design realizes these are failing at a monumental rate? I wish I'd get something in the mail that told me they were recalling units because of this....but I'm sure thats wishful thinking.

If anyone knows of anything, other than re-building everything....I'd love to know.
    Hi chardyrv,

GDRV has made it very clear that building with soft hose is an "RV industry standard" that they intend to continue. See https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...018#post168018 for the factory position on this. Use the search tool in the upper right corner on "hose vs pex" or similar related words, to find other earlier threads.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS