User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tow vehicles

gary.l

Tow vehicles

Will be using a 2003 ford super duty with a 6.0. Before I do I will have it bullitproofed. The motor is a good strong motor, the problems they do have is the egr cooler Had too small of openings in the passageways. This caused it and the oil cooler to plug up which would blow head gaskets, damage injectors and damage the turbo. bullitproofing it replaces the two coolers with better ones that takes care of the problem. After putting some miles on it I will let you know how well it actually works. I'm also thinking about putting a tuner on it for more horse power when we get in the hills. After doing some research we have decided to go with the airsafe hitch for the truck. It has a 4 bag system that is supposed to make for a much smoother ride, and is better for the truck and trailer. From reading reviews on them from another forum they are supposed to work quite well. They say when driving down a rough road you can see the trailer moving around in your mirror but not feel it in the truck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tow vehicles

Which model trailer will you tow with this pickup?
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

gary.l

We ordered a303rls. We haven't got a delivery date yet, but were told that it should be around the 2nd week of January.

Cowsareus

We have a 337RLS just took delivery 12/19. We have a 2012 RAM 3500 DRW, 6.7 and the truck handled the trailer easily! I also use this truck to pull 4 other gooseneck trailers and it handles all with ease.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Cowsareus link=topic=157.msg1217#msg1217 date=1387557972]
    We have a 337RLS just took delivery 12/19. We have a 2012 RAM 3500 DRW, 6.7 and the truck handled the trailer easily! I also use this truck to pull 4 other gooseneck trailers and it handles all with ease.
    [/quote]

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 337RLS. We really love ours though we're months away from getting it out on a trip!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD