Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demco hitch with solitude 369RL

Hi ya'll. Just wanted to post a couple of pics showing our Solitude with a Demo auto slide for Ford puck system. With all the newbie concerns(like me) over which hitch, I thought I would post my solution to help others. I can see the advantage of having a long bed with a simple B&W hitch but I never envisioned getting a large 5th wheel. Coming from living on a sailboat, I originally thought we would have a airstream After all, an Airstream is just a boat flipped upside down with wheels.
    The wife decided we needed more storage and space than the airstream could provide so here we are. I installed the hitch myself. In fact I also installed the factory puck system. I am a glutton for punishment. The pics show the clearance on a somewhat tight turn and there is more travel yet to go so the Solitude's cab killer corner will clear the cab. The B&W I borrowed to pull the RV home would have destroy my truck if I wasn't careful. We also have a Bak flip cover and 60g aux tank.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4563.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	7455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4566.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	7456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4568.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	7457
    2015 Grand Design 369RL
    2016 Ford F350 Crew 4x4 Short Bed 18k Demco autoslide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I am a newbie too and the hitch has been my biggest hassle to figure out. I am down to either the Demco autoslide or the Andersen. They both have pros and cons.
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Andersen I don't think would have worked for me for a couple of reasons. One is clearance to the cab even in the rearward position although probably better than say a non-slider B&W. The other issue is with the rearward position the weight of the trailer appears to be behind the axle and I am at the limit for this truck. The other is a personal opinion concerning the construction of the hitch although I admire the lightness and simplicity of it.
    2015 Grand Design 369RL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the Demco on hookup? I am a little concerned about the straight on hookup requirements. I agree with your reasons above. I have (or will soon have) a reflection so it is not as wide as the solitude. As such, I have a little more cab to trailer wiggle room. Running the Anderson in the extended coupler position is the only way I think I would feel comfortable but I have concerns of extending the pin box by the 4" with bed rail clearance. I want to put retractable tonneau cover on and am worried about hitting.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebondj1 View Post
    Hi ya'll. Just wanted to post a couple of pics showing our Solitude with a Demo auto slide for Ford puck system. With all the newbie concerns(like me) over which hitch, I thought I would post my solution to help others. I can see the advantage of having a long bed with a simple B&W hitch but I never envisioned getting a large 5th wheel. Coming from living on a sailboat, I originally thought we would have a airstream After all, an Airstream is just a boat flipped upside down with wheels.
    The wife decided we needed more storage and space than the airstream could provide so here we are. I installed the hitch myself. In fact I also installed the factory puck system. I am a glutton for punishment. The pics show the clearance on a somewhat tight turn and there is more travel yet to go so the Solitude's cab killer corner will clear the cab. The B&W I borrowed to pull the RV home would have destroy my truck if I wasn't careful. We also have a Bak flip cover and 60g aux tank.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4563.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	7455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4566.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	7456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4568.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	7457
    Looks nice! How hard was it to install the puck system?
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baby Bober-I've only hooked up once but it was straight on. My issue is with the bed cover folded upon itself I cant see the hitch. So either the cover will have to be removed or a 3rd brake light camera ($$) will need to be added.
    2015 Grand Design 369RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The factory puck system was not too bad. You must lift or remove the bed in order to install it. I lifted it with a crowbar and wood blocks. I didn't disconnect any wires or the fuel inlet. The kit comes with all hardware and you are suppose to replace the bed bolts and nuts- I didn't, just reused them. You need two different size driver bits that are torque plus. Drilling the holes in the bed with a hole saw is the easy part.
    2015 Grand Design 369RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For about $100.00 you can get the "EYEBALL" wireless camera and receiver. Works great!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastime View Post
    For about $100.00 you can get the "EYEBALL" wireless camera and receiver. Works great!!!
    Pastime- you got a link to that camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Grand Design 369RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I don't, but they advertise in all the RV magazines. I also think Camping World sell it.
    I have a Demco Autoslide and love it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast