Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked up our Reflections 29RS last Monday

Hello everyone

We took delivery of our new Reflections 29RS a week ago. We live in Vancouver BC but we spend lots of time travelling in the USA. We are excited to take the new rig down to Galveston TX where my wife grew up. Love the new trailer but had an unfortunate experience when we deployed the drivers side slideout for the first time yesterday. One of the cabinet doors must of opened while bringing her home and the slide caught it and snapped the door in half and caused some other cosmetic damage. It is impossible to see the door when the slide is being deployed. It would of been a better design choice to make this cabinet door a slider.

I made the repairs today and it looks fine. Only I will be able to tell! Looking forward to learning lots from the Blog.

Al

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum and GD ownership. So sorry to hear about the cabinet door, but it happens quite a bit. At least you have the skills to fix it. Every time we set up, we run the slide out just enough to shimmy to the back and make a visual inspection before fully deploying the slide. This has saved us a couple of times.

Jim

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on checking doors, drawers and objects that may be in the way of the slide deploying either way. We also learned the hard way. We are fortunate with our model we can open one slide slightly or all the way to check. Our drivers slide has the most objects that can get in the way. Glad you could repair it.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the head's up. One more thing on the "set up list" to do. One slide has no cabinet doors next to it, so I guess it's first open from now on and check the other before opening it. The second slide runs by the kitchen hutch and has a cabinet door behind it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Al,

We are horribly jealous, we still have 7+ weeks to go before we can pick up our new 29RS! My wife would be very appreciative if you could tell us the inside dimensions of the top drawer on the island (L x W x H). She wants to buy some sort of cutlery tray and drawer doodad organizer, and it's killing her that she doesn't know the size. I promise I won't let her ask anything else (or we would be at this for a while)

Greg
    Greg & Lisa (and the Yorkies - Rocky & Adrian)
    Winnipeg, MB
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Greg

I will be happy to get the measurement for your wife. We are condo dwellers so we don't store the trailer at home. I will be out on the weekend puttering about with it and will relay the information then.

Cheers,
    Al