User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows....camping side or hook-up side of rig?

Hi, I'm torn between which side of the rig I would prefer to have the largest span of windows? I'm leaning towards the camping side with just a couple on the hook-up side. Tell me your thoughts...good, bad and ugly.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've owned five different trailers and four of them had the majority of the windows on the driver's side. It really doesn't make a big difference to us. One thing I disliked about our 2014 337RLS was that it only had one small window on the driver's side at the very back of the living area. We were pretty much blind on that side of the unit if we wanted to see much. Our 2017 297RSTS has the majority of the windows on the driver's side, but there is a good sized window over the kitchen counter on the passenger side.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wrestled with the same question. I would prefer them on the camp side so we can see the kids etc.. and not stare at the neighbors. The trade off is the slide opens to the camp side eating up your awning space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons we bought or 337 was the window layout. We love having the large windows in rear and on the camp side. It also gives more privacy on the hook up side when the sites are close together.
    Mike & Jaimie :cool:
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD LB 4x4 Durmax
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 11/2016
    2005 Crossroads Cruiser 29RE (2006-2017)
    2000 Skyline Nomad 2585 Bunkhouse (2003-2006)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't really thought about this until now, but the last few times we stayed at a campgroundd with limited shade the majority of the suns heat was hitting on the driver side, with no way to deflect it. We ended up placing some of the window shade reflectix in between the window and the pull down shade. If the windows had been on the passenger side we would at least had the awning to help deflect some of the direct heat.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the good feedback already shared, since most of the sites we have stayed at over many years (and continue to look for) seem to be angled where when you back in or pull through and the curb/passenger side is facing 135 degrees +/-, from the main drive in/around roads, having more windows on this side and on the the rear of the RV the view is of often times a more direct view of the lake/stream/river or often the stunning terrain/surroundings, etc.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for the views too which is why I posted this question. I'm really close to signing papers on the Imagine 2950RL which has most of the windows on the rear and camp side. I absolutely love the floor plan of this rig but want to be able to take in the breathtaking views. I like the floor plan of the 2670MK as well, but this one has limited views of the camp side from inside the rig. Decisions, decisions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We prefer the view to be on the campsite side. That's why we bought our Puma 30RKSS. It has a huge window on the campsite side. That is also why we like the 2950rl we're picking up in a couple weeks. Some of the rigs I've seen don't have many windows at all. I think I'd feel too closed up. We enjoy the changing views of our living room from campground to campground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0090.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	7498
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not own one that didn't have the big Windows on the camp/passenger side. Every where we go all the action is on that side. I would much rather look out on my camp than the neighbors. And if you have kids it is much easier to keep an eye on them in your camp with windows on that side, not to mention any equipment or gear in your camp.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no desire to look at my neighbor's nor to put on a show for them. Camp side is more important for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast