User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    titrtyca

Changing to LED in a Reflection

I understand the Solitude uses LED lights throughout. Are the incandescent light fixtures in the Reflection the same as the Solitude but without LED bulbs? If yes, what type of LED bulbs is used at each light fixture and are they available from the factory? I want to change to all LED lighting in our new Reflection.

Thank You

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Changing to LED in a Reflection

That'd be interesting to know. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that they don't already come with LED lighting as some other manufacturer's have made that change across all product lines.

I'd have to look hard at the cost of converting as we don't dry camp so the lower battery draw isn't a advantage for us.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @titrtyca,

The Solitude has a mix of LED and incandescent lighting. The incandescent light fixtures in the Reflection are not the same as the Solitude. If you want to modify the lighting in your RV to all LED, each light fixture must be replaced and not just the bulbs. We don't sell parts retail direct - please contact your dealer for a parts estimate (they can also provide a labor/service estimate upon request). I do need to add that modifying your RV could affect your warranty as the aftermarket parts, installation and any potential damage caused by the modification is not covered by either of our limited product warranties. Please contact your dealer or our Warranty Dept. (our phone number in my signature, below) if you have further questions.

@titrtyca, @Happy Camper - I'll forward this thread to Micah Staley, the GM for the Reflection line, so he is aware. And please feel free to contact him directly at [email protected].

Hope this helps,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just picked up our Reflection 303 and wanted to change the bulbs to the LEDs. The dealer showed us these Green Longlife les bulbs that include two little pigtails that fit into the existing fixture. I replaced two of them today and not only do they draw less, last longer and are cooler, they put out a lot more light. I will be replacing all the bulbs in our unit. They are available through Amazon the part number I bought was 921/1141/BA15S. They have a large selection of styles. Hope this helps.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Boomer link=topic=160.msg1693#msg1693 date=1390011430]
    We just picked up our Reflection 303 and wanted to change the bulbs to the LEDs. The dealer showed us these Green Longlife les bulbs that include two little pigtails that fit into the existing fixture. I replaced two of them today and not only do they draw less, last longer and are cooler, they put out a lot more light. I will be replacing all the bulbs in our unit. They are available through Amazon the part number I bought was 921/1141/BA15S. They have a large selection of styles. Hope this helps.
    [/quote]

As the LED array is attached to the fixture by a wiring pigtail, how is the LED array secured? How are they for color?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have mentioned this before! The LED array I use is held in place with double sided tape, they also provide a alcohol wipe to clean off the metal plate it will be attached to. As far as the color.of the light is concerned it is a white light, not yellow like the bulbs being replaced. They only draw 2.68 watts vs 19 and put out 250 lumens each.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.