Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delivery date

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delivery date

We put an order in for a 3150BH with our dealer the first of this month. The dealer told me yesterday they do not have a build date or a factory delivery date yet. that seems off to me as I work for an equipment manufacturer and we give a delivery date within a week of an order being placed.

Is this customary with GD?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i recall with ours, it was about 6 weeks from order to delivery. I think i had a delivery date a week or so after ordering.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours January 25. It reportedly left the GD line on March 9 headed to the paint shop for full body paint. Dealer says it sits in a barn for 10 days after painting so the paint will cure without defects. Then it is scheduled for delivery to the dealer. Sometimes that runs late because of availability of delivery people. (If that gets backed up too much I will volunteer to go get it). We are hoping to take delivery on April 5th.

I had one dealer tell me they "pre-order" or faux order units so they have a place in the delivery line. Another dealer told me we needed to order soon (December) because there is an increase in demand in the springs and it increases build/delivery time. I love sales people, they make life interesting.

After more than 60 years of living my horse pucky meter works pretty good.

Dallas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the delay could be a result of the manufacturers getting the production geared towards the 2018 models.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LFISGR8 View Post
    I think the delay could be a result of the manufacturers getting the production geared towards the 2018 models.
    And all RV manufacturers are at the mercy of their suppliers. I'm sure the manufacturers are hesitant to quote a delivery date if there's any uncertainty in the parts supply chain.

Plus, they have this leftover 2017 model in stock that has almost all the options you want, at a price you can't pass up. [emoji48]

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdray76 View Post
    We put an order in for a 3150BH with our dealer the first of this month. The dealer told me yesterday they do not have a build date or a factory delivery date yet. that seems off to me as I work for an equipment manufacturer and we give a delivery date within a week of an order being placed.

Is this customary with GD?
    It's customary with all RV manufacturers.

They can usually indicate time frame in weeks and from our experience they can provide a VIN when it's in the production schedule...but that may only be the week before build. Another big timing variable is have a delivery company transporting the unit to the dealer...particularly during the busy period like now.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started the process towards end of January, signed papers etc. and are expecting delivery in 1-2 weeks although we told dealer that we would not want delivery until March or April due to other family traveling. Per our dealer, they are experiencing a large problem with the transportation companies and delays, and now, that it is Spring, likely getting worse (busier). We are in Ca. so that might be extreme due to travel distance.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 2017 Reflection 29RS 3/6/16. The dealer sent us the GD factory build list 3/11/17 so we could check and approve. Followed up with GD referencing dealer, GD gave VIN and, QC date 4/22, release 4/25, possible ship, depends on dealer 4/29 to arrive 5/3/16. 5r actually arrived 5/12, had slide toppers installed ready to go 5/24. Dealer had on premises posts for new RV overnight customer check out, next day answer any questions and correct any problems. No major problems, on the road by 11:30 AM. We're GD fans forever, the dealer sales and service went over the top too. We've had 5 TTs and 1.5 5rs and never experienced manufacturer and dealer response like this. By the way Wilkins RV, Bath, NY is the dealer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a 303RLS on March 7th, 2017 and also have not been given a build date or delivery date from the dealer.
    Koby & Alicia
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD with Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is high time, season is starting in a couple of months and people interested are ordering. The line for 2017's is going to be full, there are going to be delays and it likely won't settle down some until mid summer. Every manufacturer is getting a surge in orders right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast