Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Just found grand design have several questions

As you're ordering it, you can order a F350 SRW with a GVWR of around 11500 lb which should give you lots of payload capacity.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Tigerbug

Happy Camper (Love your Username)

We are getting very close to finalizing both the truck and trailer purchase. Now we are trying to decide the best color match of the Ford to the Solitude. Nice problem to have right!

We are fortunate that we can purchase both a new tow vehicle and trailer at the same time. We have been saving for some time now. I am still about 6 years away from retirement so while we won't be able to take 2-3 month long trips right away, we are planning to do a lot of 4 day weekends as well as a couple of 1-2 vacations in the coming year! Can't wait.

I have already started to research vacation spots to relax in with my wife and our two Aussies!

Thanks for keeping me advised and sharing your knowledge.

Tigerbug (Matt)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=165.msg948#msg948 date=1386332053]
    We are getting very close to finalizing both the truck and trailer purchase. Now we are trying to decide the best color match of the Ford to the Solitude. Nice problem to have right!

[/quote]

As you say Matt, I nice problem to have. I can't help you with a color match to a Solitude, but Ford's Pueblo Gold is a pretty good match for a Reflection.

As I mentioned, it'd be advisable to get the highest payload configuration available for whatever cab/drive combo you want. Payload capacity is usually the limiting factor for towing on most trucks ie., they can pull lots more than they can carry. It's interesting to see the jump in max towing between a F350 SRW and a DRW, about 6K, with the only apparent change in the drive train is a 3.73 gear ratio, yet there's no difference on a SRW for 3.31 vs 3.55 gear ratio. I see on the Ford site, that the 3.73 gear ratio is optional on a F350 SRW. I'm using the 2013 Trailer Life Towing Guide for reference... http://dcd96xmek71bc.cloudfront.net/...ced%20file.pdf

Dave

Tigerbug

Dave:

I'm not seeing a 3.73 axel as an option on an F350, Diesel, SRW, 4x4, Crew Cab. Don't think the dealer mentioned this either. I am on their site reviewing all combinations for their trucks and 5th wheel towing. I'm looking at a 2014. Am I and the dealer missing this option?

Thanks, Tigerbug (Matt)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you're not really interested in the Solitude anymore, but I wanted to chime in on the bathroom sink.

I too didn't like the vessel as they call it for a long time, but it makes perfect sense because you don't lose any storage in the cabinet underneath the sink.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=165.msg958#msg958 date=1386344665]
    Dave:

I'm not seeing a 3.73 axel as an option on an F350, Diesel, SRW, 4x4, Crew Cab. Don't think the dealer mentioned this either. I am on their site reviewing all combinations for their trucks and 5th wheel towing. I'm looking at a 2014. Am I and the dealer missing this option?

Thanks, Tigerbug (Matt)
    [/quote]

Sorry Matt...my bad! I was selecting the 3.73 axle ratio and didn't noticed that it automatically selects DRW. It's still surprising that the towing guide doesn't show a difference in max towing between the 3.31 vs 3.55. I'd still select the 3.55's knowing that it'd be some improvement over the 3.31 with a small impact on fuel mileage.

Dave

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=el Rojo link=topic=165.msg959#msg959 date=1386346201]
    I know you're not really interested in the Solitude anymore, but I wanted to chime in on the bathroom sink.

I too didn't like the vessel as they call it for a long time, but it makes perfect sense because you don't lose any storage in the cabinet underneath the sink.

Red
    [/quote]

It also gives more usable counter space without the need for a huge counter.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12